MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I see many places have it actually. More than I realized. But when I see the logo, I already have my credit card out so... only used it that one time mentioned earlier to test it so far. :)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it's a network issue or pi$$ing contest but Best Buy is not taking any form of mobile payment and most Walgreens are "down".

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
How funny. As we discuss where Softcard is accepted I got this email.

https://www.gosoftcard.com/learn.html

Yea, I got that email too...

Hmmmm....No place really has this in my area, McD, Subway, a drug store and that is about it.... I guess this is not a feature I would use a lot... as there is not many places that use it. Not even Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts...

I looked it up, Apple pay uses pretty much the same thing, If this is all there is for locations, this feature could be a bust. I guess as I think about the 200,000 locations is not a lot, unless they across 2-4 states. When your thinking about Retail stores per state, the US is pretty big on this aspect.

Oh, well, I was looking forward to this feature only to be disappointed...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
As long as you see the "tap to pay" logo. It doesn't have to say "Softcard."

Oh, I know, I know what to look for, out of the 10 places I normally go for assorted things, None of them have it. Even going out of my normal route, nope.

ttologo.jpg

Even Coke machines in my area don't have it... Oh, well, maybe it will be better for some areas that accepted it better but, for me, it seems like a bust, Oh, well..

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Got to try it out at my grocery store today (Stater Brothers in SoCal). Not sure if it's easier than a card swipe, but I do like the security vs. my magnetic stripe card.

Last edited:

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I start to wonder why I should bother getting a WP for my next phone. I really like my Icon now with Denim, but I can't think of a good reason besides price not to get an iPhone.

I switched back to my icon today because my G2 went for a swim.

Wondering the same thing myself.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The part that I find interesting is that Google Wallet is better than Apple Pay. When I used Google Wallet, it worked perfectly every time, and that was over two years ago. Google is starting to act like Microsoft did back in the mid-90's. Instead of trying to improve its own offerings, it is buying out viable competition. Microsoft tried that with Intuit 20 years ago with Quicken. Intuit told them to kick rocks. Quicken is still around, but Microsoft Money is not.

Microsoft already has wallet. All it needs to do is make it work with Tap to Pay. Of course, that is easier said than done.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I understand the buyout this time. It was more like a buy in with the carriers. Sucks for WP users since our only option we were bullied into using is gone. Hopefully since this is a pretty anticompetitive move, we end up being able to use the built in wallet app for tap+pay.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
hopefully Microsoft will address any plans they have for wallet or NFC paying in general on the WP platform at the upcoming MWC

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
hmm.. wondered why I had stopped getting emails from softcard..

Main reason I wanted to use this was to save my debit card. I never carry cash and live off of it and either the cards are being made more cheaply or the readers are very dirty and tearing my cards up. I have only had the current one for about 3 months and it is already starting not be read in some machines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers