Denim now available for UK Lumia 930s - check for phone updates!

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I should clarify this is for the unlocked country variant. Vodafone have had it since last week. EE and O2 customers are SOL still I think.

chickentikka

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Just un-enrolled (if that exists as a word) in the developer preview and boom! update available. I have a sim free 930. Denim is now installed! Amazing.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Got mine on EE tonight. The os and firmware versions are now for the country variant. Guess I'm now unlocked

If you got your phone direct from EE then it is branded. If however, like me, you got it on an EE contract but from a 3rd party retailer (Carphone Warehouse, Tesco etc.) you'll get an unbranded phone. That's why I always sign up/renew via 3rd party.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 930 cyan uk cvie

Finally uk update notification available..
Update downloaded then presented with this msg.

''The update was downloaded but couldn't be opened (8018830f)''
tried several times have 15gb free space same occurs everytime.

Was hoping avoid this but Going to factory reset and try again. :-(

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you got your phone direct from EE then it is branded. If however, like me, you got it on an EE contract but from a 3rd party retailer (Carphone Warehouse, Tesco etc.) you'll get an unbranded phone. That's why I always sign up/renew via 3rd party.

Such a pain that O2's Refresh plans aren't available through resellers. Any way of un-O2ing my phone? Not a massive issue, just curious!

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 930 cyan uk cvie

Finally uk update notification available..
Update downloaded then presented with this msg.

''The update was downloaded but couldn't be opened (8018830f)''
tried several times have 15gb free space same occurs everytime.

Was hoping avoid this but Going to factory reset and try again. :-(

Even after hard reset Still no luck getting past the
''The update was downloaded but couldn't be opened (8018830f)'' message :-( ive given up now and it'll have to stay cyan for now

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Such a pain that O2's Refresh plans aren't available through resellers. Any way of un-O2ing my phone? Not a massive issue, just curious!

You need to flash it CV firmware. Search the forum for Nokia recovery as there are several posts on how to use it to change the fw.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

sadbiker

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Reflashed my EE to CV and upgraded to denim via update, only thing I cant get is EE film. Luckily not essential for me. Because I restored my settings etc from backup I checked for updated Microsoft apps/ new ones in the store and installed missing ones that should be there as part of denim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99