Ditched my T-Mobile L530 the other day

Nubwy

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Had to do it. First reason being that T Mobiles network is atrocious. The speeds I get are never above 2G or 3G. When I can get "4"G, it's still slow compared to My old VM droid LG phone, and my new L635 on AT&T. Secondly, the screen on the L530 just stinks. I have to have an IPS ClearBlack display or AMOLED display on a phone. Anything less just feels and looks cheap, in a day where cheap doesn't often look cheap.

Still a new WP convert, and I will never go back to Android. Too leggy, too inconsistent and far too buggy.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea, "you get what you pay for" is something I think often holds true.

but hey, the 635 is still a fine phone (the 530 represents too much compromise for some, especially considering in the US it has the T-Mo 635 right above it.)
and welcome to Windows Phone! It's the calm before the 10 preview storm seriously starts in February right now. (well, disregarding the desktop Windows 10 stuff happening now)

Queen Kong1

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm a first time owner it's fine, i like it :D. Just wish the photos i could get as single view when i go to attach a photo i find them small and in order of date.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Had to do it. First reason being that T Mobiles network is atrocious. The speeds I get are never above 2G or 3G. When I can get "4"G, it's still slow compared to My old VM droid LG phone, and my new L635 on AT&T. Secondly, the screen on the L530 just stinks. I have to have an IPS ClearBlack display or AMOLED display on a phone. Anything less just feels and looks cheap, in a day where cheap doesn't often look cheap.

Still a new WP convert, and I will never go back to Android. Too leggy, too inconsistent and far too buggy.

With a 635 I assume you're not locked into a contract, right?

You might want to consider switching over to Cricket. You can get a lot more data for less money.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans

They're technically owned by AT&T. Plus they use AT&T's towers so your coverage would remain the same. You likely wouldn't have to unlock your phone, just switch SIMs. I recently switched from AT&T to Cricket. Transferred over an AT&T branded 1520 and 925 without needing to unlock either phone. The only downside is that their LTE is capped at 8Mbps.

rodney0905

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I mean, the 530 is super cheap for a reason so I don't expect much. The screen does stink. The phone is actually on sale at Best Buy for $20. I am grabbing another just as a backup. It's a great phone for the price.

My two cents about network speeds. T-Mo has outperformed everyone in my area. The 530 isn't an LTE phone, so HSPA + is as good as you're going to get. But in my area (Akron, Oh), VM or any Sprint related MVNO is literally the equivalent of using dial up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo