Will my Lumia 520 be updated to Windows 10?

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Because the phones will suddenly stop working. /s

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that majority of those 520 users and low end device users in general either won't know or won't care about upgrading to Windows Phone 10 as long as they can continue to use their phone as they've always have. There are likely more Android devices out there the will never see 5.0 then all the Windows Phone devices put together.

Android not have any limitations,bugs and android complete their operating system after android 4.0 . So android couldn't release updates for phones.
but windows phone have many limitation (ex- actionable notification, background downloading and more....) ,bugs and windows phone not complete their operating system.
so windows phone needed many updates to fix those features....

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Android not have any limitations,bugs and android complete their operating system after android 4.0 . So android couldn't release updates for phones.
but windows phone have many limitation (ex- actionable notification, background downloading and more....) ,bugs and windows phone not complete their operating system.

​lol what?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

My S5 got lock screen issues.
Fix it please

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
My S5 got lock screen issues.
Fix it please

This is not a android OS problem. This is s5 models problems. Ex- Lumia 535 touch issue but not other phone have this touch problem.
I agree Microsoft work hard to receive many updates to all windows phone.
in this stage if compare android and windows phone 8.1. Android have many features those are not available in windows phone to overtake but windows phone have some features those are not available in android.
but windows 10 comes with many features to overtake with android. So all windows phone 8 device upgradable to windows 10 in my guess.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
This is not a android OS problem. This is s5 models problems. Ex- Lumia 535 touch issue but not other phone have this touch problem.
I agree Microsoft work hard on receive many updates to all windows phone.
if compare android and windows phone. In this stage Android have many features those are not available in windows phone to overtake but windows phone have some features those are not available in android.
but windows 10 comes with many features to overtake with android. So all windows phone 8 device upgradable to windows 10 in my guess.

As a student who studied programing algorithm I'm saying that there is no such thing as complete software without any bugs and deflects.

The way you saying Android is complete OS and bugless make me laugh. There is no such thing that's why they release newer version. To add functionality and fix deflect.

To say that something is complete without any problems in IT world is totally lie.

Now let me ask you something.
What is bugs anyway?

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Just read the Windows 10 article on Lumia Conversations...

Chris Weber said, "We are working hard to bring Windows 10 to the majority of Lumias..."

Well, this may mean TWO things...

1. Some Lumia models will not receive the update
2. All Lumia models WILL receive the update but NOT all of the LUMIA OWNERS will receive the update on their phone (Carriers, carriers, carriers)

Hopefully Weber refers to the Lumia owners when he was saying the word "majority"...

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
What matters the most for me right now is that I will receive the update and that there will be a new user interface on my phone.

Oh, and also performance improvements of course

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
As a student who studied programing algorithm I'm saying that there is no such thing as complete software without any bugs and deflects.

The way you saying Android is complete OS and bugless make me laugh. There is no such thing that's why they release newer version. To add functionality and fix deflect.

To say that something is complete without any problems in IT world is totally lie.

Now let me ask you something.
What is bugs anyway?

You are right bro.
but android have small bugs hard to visible us. But some windows phone features those visible us easily. I am a big fan of windows and I wish always windows is the best.
so now not important to discuss in this topic.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
You are right bro.
but android have small bugs hard to visible us. But some windows phone features those visible us easily. I am a big fan of windows and I wish always windows is the best.
so now not important to discuss in this topic.

Hmm android have small bugs? Well Lollipop is full of it, 5.0 was unusable, 5.0.1 barely fixed some issues and brought memory bleed and now 5.0.2 is available for me to download but judging by the user comments in android central forums its not too better anyway.
Same was the case with kitkat, and they had to release 4 bug fixes to make it decent for Nexus devices. Compared to the severety of android bugs there's nothing even close to it in WP even during new releases.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Just read the Windows 10 article on Lumia Conversations...

Chris Weber said, "We are working hard to bring Windows 10 to the majority of Lumias..."

Well, this may mean TWO things...

1. Some Lumia models will not receive the update
2. All Lumia models WILL receive the update but NOT all of the LUMIA OWNERS will receive the update on their phone (Carriers, carriers, carriers)

Hopefully Weber refers to the Lumia owners when he was saying the word "majority"...

So the only restrictions are ********************CARRIERS******************

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Lollipop has been nothing but bugs for some people. And this is on Nexus devices, so hardly an OEM issue.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Lol tell that to my friends who has high end phones and galaxy s4-5. More features yes but no bugs definitely not.

WP has limitations (especially in the email section and in the background, but hopefullyw10 will address most of them) and bugs, but your statement is biased and wrong. Check the low end android phones and see how the work and their loading screens/freezes and then say anything about our loading.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Lol tell that to my friends who has high end phones and galaxy s4-5. More features yes but no bugs definitely not.

WP has limitations (especially in the email section and in the background, but hopefullyw10 will address most of them) and bugs, but your statement is biased and wrong. Check the low end android phones and see how the work and their loading screens/freezes and then say anything about our loading.

I am totally agree with you bro.....
same I explain us. But now only some low end Samsung phones hanging and freeze otherwise low end new Sony xperia and other phones work properly.

Aryankr21

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
same I explain us. But now only some low end Samsung phones hanging and freeze otherwise low end new Sony xperia and other phones work properly.

Use any android low end phone for a 'year' or 'year and half' they wil surely start hanging.I bet it.i have used Samsung and even Sony . Specially Samsung. They hang most of the times. Sony hangs 60% time of Samsung.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

​Is that why there are a ton of topics in the internet about the Nexus 6 having a lot of issues ranging from lag to battery life?

sam17ub

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Why is this being turned into an Android vs Windows Phone debate? The topic should be the availability of Windows 10 on Lumia 520.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
​Is that why there are a ton of topics in the internet about the Nexus 6 having a lot of issues ranging from lag to battery life?

in my previous post I already say this is not a android os problem. This is nexus 6 model. Ex- Lumia 535 touch issue.
if you have the problem with your nexus 6 you post your problem in Android central don't post android phone problems in windows central. Iam not a android user I am a windows phone user.
so closed this android topic. I am so bored to discuss in the android topic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss