Denim Installed - Slow Rotation

chaseerry

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Installed Denim on my unlocked 930 a week or so ago. Now it takes exactly 3 seconds for my screen to rotate, no matter the app.

I have narrowed it down (I think) to the Lumia Camera app being the culprit. Rebooting the phone and screen rotations are fast. Launch the Lumia Camera app and snap a picture, then all screen rotations are extremely slow.

Anybody else?

chaseerry

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Uninstalled Lumia Camera, rebooted and all is well. Using the 'Camera' app with no issues. Reinstalled Lumia Camera and the slow screen rotation came back.

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have noticed that rotation bug too. Hopefully a fix is on the way...
Also Denim doesn't fix the scrolling performance on very long web pages and apps. Oh well

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Strange as I've not noticed any scrolling or rotation issues so far. Actually I think OS scrolling has improved, but not tried using IE though.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm this is a thing. Rotation starts out fine, launch Lumia Camera and take photo, rotation now very lagged out. Switching off and on again, or rebooting, solves issue until Lumia Camera is used to take a photo again.

I'm really hoping this is a bug with the camera app. If it's a bug with Denim a correction may be a long time coming.

o_k_boy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've noticed this too. Just tried closing Lumia camera from the multi-tasking view and rotation seems to be back to normal.

Smart_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
After locking my phone I have a 30 second countdown before I need to punch in the code for unlocking it. So I locked the phone, waited 30 seconds and unlocked it with the code. This seems to solve it for me

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Did you guys flash your 930s or do an OTA update? I flashed mine with the CV France Denim firmware and have no issues. Users in the French forums are complaining about slow screen rotation too though, so it's nothing to do with the fact I installed French firmware, probably more to do with updating rather than starting from scratch. I wonder if you did a factory reset (warning, you lose all your data!) it might solve the problem.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Android also had numerous issues with v5 Lollipop but these only affected users who updated rather than started from scratch. For a big upgrade I like to start with a clean slate.

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
After taking scgf's advice I did a hard reset last night and then restored the phone from my most recent back up ( 24/01/2015) and after using Lumia Camera there is no more delay on my screen rotation. After the initial update to Denim it would take approx 4-5 seconds for my screen to rotate, this is now down to less than a second. I'll monitor it more today, but it would appear that starting with a clean slate certainly rectifies this problem. I could understand this helping had I manually restored the handset, but restoring from a very recent back up seems just as effective

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I briefly experinced the same thing.
I enabled rotation lock, and then disabled it back.
​That fixed it for me. no more issues after that.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes! Ta Wiz. No need to hard reset. Simply make sure rotation lock is off, then take a photo. Confirm bug is triggered, then turn rotation lock on and then turn it off again. The bug will be cleared, and will not be retriggered even after a power cycle. SOLVED.

chaseerry

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Ta Wiz. No need to hard reset. Simply make sure rotation lock is off, then take a photo. Confirm bug is triggered, then turn rotation lock on and then turn it off again. The bug will be cleared, and will not be retriggered even after a power cycle. SOLVED.

Unfortunately, this did not solve it for me.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Double damn. I just checked and the fault is back. I swear this trick worked this morning. Very odd.

Can anyone confirm that a factory reset sorts this issue out for good?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium