Cricket Wireless Nokia Lumia 1320 & WP 8.1 DP help needed.

Keith Brooks

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I recently upgraded from a Nokia Lumia 521 using Walmart Family Mobile to a Nolia Lumia 1320 from Cricket. On the Lumia 521, I ran Windows Phone 8.1 DP since May last year when I got it. Every time I install Windows Phone 8.1 DP on the Lumia 1320, which came with Windows Phone 8.1 and Cyan pre-installed, it repeatedly goes into non-stop crash/restart loops to the point, I have to hook it up to my pc and use the Nokia Recovery Tool to reset the phone. Has anyone found a workaround for this ? I'm already signed up for Microsoft's Phone Insider Program and really want to try Windows 10 on it next month..

xTmX Korrupt

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I did not have any issues installing the preview at all on my 1320. I would normally recommend a complete reset but you already used the recovery tool. Are you downloading the update through wi-fi or cellular network?

Keith Brooks

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Through wifi. Every time after 8.1 DP is installed, if I move a tile on the start screen and go to move a 2nd tile, it crashes. If I go to open anything, it crashes. If I either have the phone hooked to my surge suppressor or usb to my pc, the constant crash/resart loop happens. Now, the phone works fine until I install Windows Phone 8.1 DP.Afterwards, it crashes no matter what I try to do. Phone Update, install or anything else, crashes it. The phone also, get's really hot when it's in the crash/restart loop. With the stock Windows Phone 8.1 on it, it never get's hot. Also, this is with no ther beta app's on the phone, just WP 8.1 DP on it.
Otherwise, I'm extremely happy with it. I love the battery life on it, compared to what my Lumia 521 got. It got 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours of life on a charge. The 1320 is getting 1 1/2+ day's on a charge.
Is your 1320 using Cricket/AT&T ?

Keith Brooks

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 1320 stopped working. Cricket Wireless didn't want to do anything about. I cancelled my account with them and the phone was taken apart and went to the dump this morning. NO MORE SMARTPHONES FOR ME.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12