New 830

rcorso

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'll be receiving my international 830 today running on T-Mobile... What are some great must have apps? Thanks

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
depends on you mostly.

for me though, Office Lens, the standard social media loadout (FB beta, IM+, 6tag...), MS Authenticator if you use it, Reading List if you have other WP/Windows 8 stuff), Runtastic suite for fitness, #1 Toolkit or Jack of Tools, Shazam, Package Tracker (Doorstep is also quite nice), the HERE suite, which is probably installed.
myTube for Youtube, but Metrotube is also nice.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
depends on you mostly.

for me though, Office Lens, the standard social media loadout (FB beta, IM+, 6tag...), MS Authenticator if you use it, Reading List if you have other WP/Windows 8 stuff), Runtastic suite for fitness, #1 Toolkit or Jack of Tools, Shazam, Package Tracker (Doorstep is also quite nice), the HERE suite, which is probably installed.
myTube for Youtube, but Metrotube is also nice.

Second all of that. I was using Metrotube, then switched to myTube, now using Tubecast mainly because I like telecasting videos to my tv. Lumia suite is also something to check out in the store.

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, since I don't know if you've had a WP8 device previously I'll just list a few things to start out with.

Flashlight XT - minimalist and ad-free

The Windows Central app, if you haven't got it already

UC Browser - more features than Internet Explorer

Developer Rudy Huyn's apps e.g. Wikipedia, 6tag (Instagram), 9gag, etc.

MetroTube/mytube!/tubecast for YouTube

Baconit (free) or Readit (paid with trial) for Reddit

Files - barebones sort-of file manager that I mainly use to create new photo albums

Fun to have:

Glance Backgrounds - adds up to four cycling images to your glance screen

Nokia Tones/Nokia alerts - huge collections of Nokia ringtones and alerts

EDIT: Dang, just saw that you had a 925. Sorry :(

mrAndersonDaOne

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Let me start by saying welcome to the Lumia family if it's a first. You have all the major apps from the other platforms like Facebook, instagram, twitter, no snapchat yet, WhatsApp, etc etc..lookout for the Microsoft garage apps( can't quite remember the name) which are basically like new ideas from Microsoft..tetra lock screen is one such app which is very handy in customizing your lock screen.. The future is bright for the Lumia just keep calm and Lumia on

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
As xandros9 said, it really depends on what you're into. Two apps I can't live without that haven't been mentioned are Flash Sports and WatchESPN :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett