Which L1520 should I get for Tmobile?

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a 1520 to use on Tmobile and the more I've read the more I have gotten confused about which one I should get to use.

16GB is fine and I don't care about wireless charging or WiFi Calling.

What's really important is that I get LTE and that Internet Sharing works.

Should I be looking at the RM-937, RM-938 or RM-940?

I've looked through the forums and have read a few comments but seems like every thread I went to wound up 20-50 pages of nonsense talk unrelated to the actual question and I really don't want to spend a whole sifting through all those garbage post.

That and I'm trying to get one ordered today before the weekend starts.

Thanks in advance for input on this.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520.3 and had it on T-Mo for months. It got every data speed without issue and internet sharing just worked right out of the box.

Any 1520 means giving up WiFi calling, so if that is important to you in any way don't stray off of T-Mo branded hardware.

Personally, when shopping devices I found RM-938 (1520.3) superior to the AT&T version and available at a lesser price. Why not get more for less?
  • Built in Qi charging without a special case required
  • 32GB internal storage automatic
  • Factory Unlocked and with all the right frequencies to make it portable and compatible with any GSM network in North America

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys.

So if I don't care about the Qi nor the 32GB then I could honestly just use the RM-940, correct.

WiFi calling is useless to me anyways as I get excellent unlimited service and after 2 years, I have never used it and don't even have app installed.

The reason I ask about the (lower) end of the 1520 is I am trying to minimize my budget and trying to keep price under $350.00 and I can do without some things.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Using a SIM unlocked phone from one carrier and using it on another carrier results in problems with internet sharing and MMS.
I got a 1520.3 for that very reason.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Using a SIM unlocked phone from one carrier and using it on another carrier results in problems with internet sharing and MMS.
I got a 1520.3 for that very reason.

That's been my biggest concern is I don't want to have any issues. Some days I wish I could just walk up into a Tmo office and shake them til they wake up. Hate having to junk hoops just to get a phone I want.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Go with the 1520.3 (938) because its unlocked and has all the frequency bands working out of the box. Only get an AT&T 1520 (940) if you absolutely can't get the 1520.3 and make sure you have a way to get it unlocked. If you go that route, you may have trouble with internet sharing, but you can at least get the AWS HSPA+ Band working

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
No LTE on the Blu, which was one of your criteria... But it's nice and cheap.

Yea, I was back and forth on that but I figured, hey, I've been using a 521 since day one without LTE, I could surely use this one for 6 months or so till we hopefully get a new flagship coming out.

The 1520 is still my fav and if I don't get a better option this year I will def have to buy one.

Camden Krupala

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
The Blu Win HD is a great phone for the price. I think all of us are hoping for a 1530 this year. Christmas is a long ways away but I already know what I want under my tree. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium