What does Denim actually deliver to the 730/735?

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Am i wrong? I feel that Denim brings nothing to the Lumia 730/735 at all. Why is it even important that it is born with Demin when there hardly is a difference. Is it just marketing?

Does anyone have a list or any idea of what it does that CYAN (or prior) didn't?

shoaib shah

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
The major thing it brings is live folders but nothing special on the camera department compared to the likes of 830,930 and 1520. I think there will be another update in Denim for 730/735 owners and below

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes.
Cortana (for more regions), live folders, faster browsing , VPN support, Apps Corner, use of battery saver, use of gestures beta.

And for other phones,
Improved glance, Hey Cortana, 4k video, Rich capture.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
See thats the thing, with folders.... 735 doesn't allow 2 rows of tiles like on most other phone, so there's only 3. To me that just makes the folders option even more redundant. I seriously dont get the exclusion of certain options, like the 2 rows of tiles, glance....

Apps corner? Is that new, isn't it just a rehash?
Use of battery saver???? How is that new? (live tile with battery indicator? Got one of those in the top)
Gestures beta? (gonna leave that sinking ship to Samsung folk)

Last but not least Cortana support? (more countries)???? Well, let me say this! NOBDY uses siri, NOBODY uses google now and no one will love or use Cortanat, no matter what they do. It's like 3D, no matte how hard they try, IT WILL NEVER CATCH ON! because it's lame!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
See thats the thing, with folders.... 735 doesn't allow 2 rows of tiles like on most other phone, so there's only 3. To me that just makes the folders option even more redundant. I seriously dont get the exclusion of certain options, like the 2 rows of tiles, glance....

Use of battery saver???? How is that new? (live tile with battery indicator? Got one of those in the top)

Last but not least Cortana support? (more countries)???? Well, let me say this! NOBDY uses siri, NOBODY uses google now and no one will love or use Cortanat, no matter what they do. It's like 3D, no matte how hard they try, IT WILL NEVER CATCH ON! because it's lame!

If you don't need all of these updates than indeed it will bring nothing for YOU but that does not mean that it brings nothing to the 730/735.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

YYou should use Cortana more often it's not lame at all. Especially since you can just type your instruction and she will do it silently. Also they fixed the restart problem that the 735 had and added the quick toggles for battery saver and mobile data(that people have been dying for) the reason why denim doesn't bring much is because the 735 already has almost all the features.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
You get the satisfaction of knowing your phone has the very latest firmware. Just imagine the disquiet if L730/735 owners were waiting on Denim like so many others.

Live happily with the knowledge that you are one step ahead of so many other Lumia owners.

soap141

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
i have a uk country variant of the 735 and im still waiting for the update every time i look its says not available yet getting beyond a joke with this update rollout now

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
i have a uk country variant of the 735 and im still waiting for the update every time i look its says not available yet getting beyond a joke with this update rollout now

I understand that waiting is not nice.

But Microsoft has nothing to gain by "joking around"/ delaying this update and they never committed to a fixed date when the rollout is completed.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it's not full denim too, what I know that it brings fixes for some issues, the most annoying one,is the RANDOM REBOOTING ISSUE.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
^^This^^

The L735 shipped with Denim. My country variant (unlocked, carrier-free) has received no updates, but the handset I bought from EE did receive a critical update.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Us Lumia Icon owners are still on Black! We would love to have Cyan or Denim!!!

You get the satisfaction of knowing your phone has the very latest firmware. Just imagine the disquiet if L730/735 owners were waiting on Denim like so many others.

Live happily with the knowledge that you are one step ahead of so many other Lumia owners.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro