Denim for Australian Lumia 1520s is out

Ali Farhat

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I am having this major issue updating with error 0x80070002. I've got a carrier free / country variant yellow Lumia 1520 from Harvey Norman RM-937_apac_aus_nz_933. I've turned dev preview off and the Denim update has failed about 10 times? Any ideas, I would really appreciate it?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having this major issue updating with error 0x80070002. I've got a carrier free / country variant yellow Lumia 1520 from Harvey Norman RM-937_apac_aus_nz_933. I've turned dev preview off and the Denim update has failed about 10 times? Any ideas, I would really appreciate it?

All indications are that you need a Hard Reset to correct this... However, first I would make sure to remove my SD card and ensure downloads go to phone memory. Try the OTA again.

If that (removing SD) does not solve the issue, I'd rather use Lumia Software Recovery Tool and get a clean install since I have to wipe data anyway...

Ali Farhat

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks Rumored. Will do. I'm trying to run a manual backup but that keeps failing too. Not sure why. Might have to remove the SD card before trying that too.

I just hate that most of the apps still don't back up their data in 2015 when you do a hard reset. Also last time I hard resetted I forgot to switch off 2 factor authentication first. Man it's a mine field. Any good links for a "Lumia Software Recovery Tool" guide and links to download my rom? Thanks bro.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On the backup... Go to Manage Backups and delete the last one, then run backup again.

App "progress" backup could be way better, I agree. Devs can allow the App to backup settings etc. but seem to not add that in for whatever reason.

Here is the Microsoft FAQ on resetting. It includes a link to download the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. That tool will automatically download the latest official ROM for your device. FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs