Are you using any smartwatch with your One M8?

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Curious to know what your experience is llike and what kind of smartwatch you use. I am thinking to get one but the choices seems limited- most are not able to show sms or call notifications.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm rocking a Microsoft Band on my M8; not a 'smartwatch' per se, but the functionality is all there.
I haven't had any issues myself. Syncing is quick and easy, I never lose connection when my phone is nearby and when I take it for a run then it pairs back to my phone pretty quickly when I get back home. Notifications work great, Cortana integration is awesome, and battery on both is outstanding.

Curious to see what other devices people are using

brat1475

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Using my Pebble with my M8 now that the Pebble Notifications app leaked, and of course Pebble Watch Pro. Notifications work pretty well, can't get most of the Pebble apps, but pretty good for the most part. Seriously thinking about a Microsoft Band.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Using it with a MS Band..works flawlessly. Ever been in a work meeting and feel a text vibrate or incoming call but don't want to pull out phone to see who it is....breeze now, just glance at wrist and no one knows even select an auto reply for a call....hehe

--I did have issue first day with Bluetooth losing connection but after band update and phone reset, haven't had an issue since.

Tommy Molitor

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I've been hesitant to get the microsoft band, but am glad to hear you guys all like it. I tried on a medium at a best buy and it fell a little tight for me personally. maybe not too tight, but pressing against the sides of my wrist too much (maybe i've got wide wrists?). I think the only reason I haven't bought it yet is that there is no way to put any music on it, or at least not as far as i've seen. I know that's kind of ridiculous when everyone already has a smart phone, and throwing in either speakers or a headphone jack would take up a lot of space on a watch, but it'd be cool. Maybe a way to connect bluetooth headphones? Is that possible? It'd be nice if it was waterproof too. I know they say its sweatproof, and that it can meet some water resistant standard, but I think I'd rather wait until another microsoft band came out that was full on waterproof (covered by the warranty) first. Also, I don't actually work out as often as I probably should, so that's another reason.

DrRyder

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I dont work out but I enjoy the other features.

You cannot put music on it and you can't sync it with anything to play music. It does not have a measurable storage space. The band doesnt have a speaker. For notifications, it only vibrates.

It is water resistant for up to 1 meter for 30 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte