Is anybody living with a cracked 1520??

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
is anybody living with cracked 1520??

There's a nice red Lumia 1520 on eBay for I found for under $150 that's still fully functional but just has a crack in the lower left corner where the back button is at..is anybody currently living with a cracked Lumia 1520 and doing okay..i really want. nice cheap upgrade from my 925 to hold me off until the summer,but I need to know does anybodys 1520 start to gain issues over time from a cracked screen?? Should I go for it??

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: is anybody living with cracked 1520??

I cracked the screen on my 920 and go to a school. I see numerous phones, in all sorts of damaged conditions.

My 920 has cracked glass in the upper right and use is not affected. (it has a screen protector equipped) Visibility is slightly impaired, but otherwise touch works OK.

I've seen iPhone's shattered front and back that are still usable, if not hard to read.
My friend had a Galaxy S4 that was used without the glass cover which still worked.

My only concern with damage is that it could be more susceptible to damage in the future, but it shouldn't be a major concern.
It could be an external sign of more damage within, but if it works perfectly, it should be OK. Proceed with caution.

But if it otherwise works OK, i don't see what not, other than for cosmetic reasons. Sounds like a good deal, but you will have to decide that ultimately.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 is cracked in what sounds like the exact same spot, right over the back button, crossing up about an inch and over to the other side of the screen. I have had no real issues with it since it cracked, other than I lost the right to rag iPhone users about how easily their phones break when they sneeze...:(

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
and I also see a nice lumia icon for the same price, but it's damage is very minor compared to the 1520, it just has one small crack line in the upper right hand corner where the nokia logo is.....Idk wat to go for:crying: ..Im on att by the way so would the icon even work that good??

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

Imho, I'd say get the 1520, and buy a tempered glass protector. It'll help hold it together.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I do like the 930 (an icon basically). If the damage is way more minor I'd definitely let that sway me. If it works, there's no way you could be disappointed with a 930 (icon).

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

I cracked the screen right in the middle on my 830. The crack goes horizontal from one side to the other. Everything works no problem. After the incident, I put a screen protector on it to prevent stuff from going down the crack. Yeah, I know great timing right!

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I use a skinomi wet application skin protector on my 928 that busted in the same exact spot. Absolutely no issues and the screen protector hides the crack well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium