Cyan shown as Denim, because of PfD?

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey!
I'm really confused and somewhat annoyed by this.

I have the last PfD built running in my phone ( you know ,the one with live folders ,terrible IE crashing issues and such)
Then (2 months ago or so) Denim started rolling out to more devices and the last couple of days there are many people
confirming that the Lumia 630 got the Denim update (in Greece)..

Now when I go to setting I get the bellow screen showing that I run Demin update:

2aetimo.png

Don't get me wrong ,I run 8.1 cyan with PfD latest built (which was released November / December ,I can't remember exactly when)
So it is clear that I don't install any official update.

If you see at the above pictures, some apps versions, are greater numbered than the one's on the Denim release.
So I'm thinking:
Does it have to do with PfD version? hmmm..

Now if I sign off the PfD program and check for updates ,It tells me that I'm up to date but if I check the PfD box, when I search for updates ,
the search seems to stop (infinate searching for updates and can't stop)

Now what can I do to be able to download the ORIGINAL/official/not fake Denim update , you fellow people of this great community?

legend921

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
What phone do you have? As for the Denim, that's a firmware for the phone and should only affect the 830, 930, and 1520 regarding to the camera. It's not an OS in itself. If you have the latest 8.1 update 1 with the live tiles then you are good to go. I wouldn't stress on the firmware since it would be no different for you if you're not running one of the phones mentioned earlier.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The "Fake" denim is a "bug" which confused many people. In Greece the 630 with double SIM still is on cyan.
But leave the PfD unchecked this helps to get DENIM if it is realised.
See below link and double check if DENIM.is realized for your phone.
The list only shows if it is released but will not show when a new release will be realized.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...pdate%2Fwp8-software-update%2F&token=DoM7ZvfW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett