Unlock button unequal level

Jacky Singh

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Its been a week using my Nokia Lumia 930 and i am loving it. Ya sometimes its heats up but denim update will take care of it. well my problem is the extrude of unlock button is is very less compare to volume button and camera button. Attaching the pics.
WP_000343.jpg

The middle button is the unlock button. at first i thought i'll get used to it but sometimes i cant even feel it in my finger and need to press hard. Unlike camera button and volume which i slightly press. And now i am getting a protective cover for time being. I dont know i'll able feel the button with the cover.

here are some pics i found on internet and the pics from Daniel Rubino review of Nokia Lumia 930.
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_0x600.jpgC__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Lumia_930_lede_holding2.jpg

in these case the buttons are almost on same level.

So to all lumia 930 owner, let me know if this is the case with your device. Or do i have to go nokia care for replacement or repair.

Thanks

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, take it to Nokia Care or whatever they are called in your country. Volume and lock keys should be evenly raised, camera button is usually a bit more raised (it has a different switch underneath).

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have to agree with the other members here... Your best bet is to take it in or exchange it for another. You've only had it for a week... I wouldn't get it repaired. I'd get a new one....

sent from my Nokia Lumia 930

Lumiana

Banned
Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Why didn't you take it to the shop? It was under warranty and you could exchange it straight away there and then in the shop

E50

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
It's a common problem on these black versions. I don't even think it's a problem. If you look at most of the pictures of black versions of 930 you will see the same button.

Butiulca Tudor

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
ofcourse the lock/unlock button is a little inside because the camera button had 2 buttons in 1, if you press a little bit is to focus and the 2nd press is to make a photo, the volume keys are a bit highter because has volume up and volume down i think

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
jesus, what a post! I can't belive you are complaining on a button that it's supposed to be this way. Dude, if you slide your phone into a pouch that is very tight do you really wish the leather to press on your lock button? THAT IS WHY IT'S LOWERED!!
Go to all the stores in town some of the phones will have the button more lowered than others, but it should be lowered...
Can't believe I have to write this post.

Nopea

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I actually went to shop and tryed the gray framed 930 and the buttons were wayyyyyy better compared to my black 930. I mean really crisp, solid top notch quality. I am starting to get annoyed by these buttons from my own phone.

E50

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I actually went to shop and tryed the gray framed 930 and the buttons were wayyyyyy better compared to my black 930. I mean really crisp, solid top notch quality. I am starting to get annoyed by these buttons from my own phone.

Ask for a few black models to show for you. Some guy in this forum did that and all their buttons were the same - lower. :)

Nopea

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Ask for a few black models to show for you. Some guy in this forum did that and all their buttons were the same - lower. :)

Yep i went to another shop and tryed also buttons from black framed phone. They also was really good compared to my phone. Just to clarify: power button was almost inside the frame and really loose from day one. I sent it to repairs and lets see what they do to it.

Nopea

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I got phone back from repairs today. They did nothing. Reason for it was button is normal compared to others but when i tested several 930s, 830s and even 630 which i borrowed all of them buttons were different and good. After all this S6 starts to look my next phone :)

E50

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I got phone back from repairs today. They did nothing. Reason for it was button is normal compared to others but when i tested several 930s, 830s and even 630 which i borrowed all of them buttons were different and good. After all this S6 starts to look my next phone :)

It's not even a problem.

Nopea

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Loose button is not problem in functionality but its problem in quality. I see it as im having piece of gold but there is wood attached to it you know ? Well maybe i learn to live with it but it annoys me little when i know how good it could be.

E50

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, it could be better, but it could be worse too. I mean, if the lock button would be as easy to press as volume or camera button. You could accidentally unlock your phone. It feels a little bit weird for me too, I used Lumia 800, after a few weeks there wont be any problem to click this "lower" button. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss