Not getting the Denim update... ?

Paul Roberts3

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello all
Since last Friday (30th Jan) the Microsoft Lumia Denim update availability website has been showing that my UK Lumia 635 CV is now on the Denim Software update, But every day since then I have been checking my phone for the update with no results.

Does anyone have any idea why nearly a week later after the site says it's released I still can't get it ?
it's been long enough waiting for the Denim release as it is.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're using the Preview for Developers app, it might be worth unticking the magic tick box and trying the update again.

Paul Roberts3

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I have used the PFD in the past on a previous phone but not on this 635.

So i did install the PFD app, signed in, and the check box was clear.
Then uninstalled the PFD, restarted the phone, and still nothing.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Can you check your OS version and firmware and compare it with below.
OS version 8.10.14226.359
Firmware version02040.00021.14521.55006

Above you can find in Settings > about > more information.

And check in Extras+info > Mobile operator xxxxx
What is xxxxx
This to double check the country variant of your phone.

Paul Roberts3

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Can you check your OS version and firmware and compare it with below.
OS version 8.10.14226.359
Firmware version02040.00021.14521.55006

Above you can find in Settings > about > more information.

And check in Extras+info > Mobile operator xxxxx
What is xxxxx
This to double check the country variant of your phone.

Sorry for not getting back to you so soon, i have been away a few days
but as for your information My 635 is...

OS version: 8.10.12397.895
Firmware version: 01061.00066.14235.36004
Carrier: CV GBIE

Just checked for the Denim update again this morning, and nothing.
I also tried to connect my 635 to the Lumia repair tool 5.05, but it said it cant read the contents of my phone ?

Paul Roberts3

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Could the fact that I changed my phones Location from UK the USA a few months back so Could try out Cortana be blocking me..

I have changed back to the UK phone Location since just before the Denim update was made publicly available.

Paul Roberts3

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Well looks like a hard reset of the phone has done the trick
As soon as the reset had finished the update popped up, and its updating as I type.

I'll let you know how it is once it's finished
I'm looking forward to getting Cortana, quiet hours and the audio equalizer. :)

Paul Roberts3

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Ahhhhh!.. maybe not.

After reseting the phone it did a small update but not, the most recent update, no Cortana or equalizer and even my some of my settings like Extras+Info, Touch, and Screen Brightness. are missing from my settings list.

Paul Roberts3

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you again, the Apps pusher recovered my missing settings, but its very worrying why it happened.

And still no Denim update, and the recovery tool won't even recognise the phone when I plug it in either.
So strange. and very frustrating.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to get an AT&T go phone to get this update? I'm just interested in the equalizer that the update has :)

You only can get it if it is released. Than you can get it as OTA or if you use the Lumia software recovery tool.
If you are on pfd please uncheck the box in the app. This will help to get the update but only if it is released.

justachameleon

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to get an AT&T go phone to get this update? I'm just interested in the equalizer that the update has :)

Many months have passed since Lumia Denim was released, and I've eagerly awaited it as well.

Like svaethier, I too have an AT&T Windows Phone. Mine is a Nokia Lumia 635, currently running Lumia Cyan, which is the OS before Lumia Denim, I believe.

I've checked day after day for this update but, even though Microsoft says it's available for my phone, I can't get the update. I would love to have it, and if there is anybody who can get me some info on why it's not coming, I would really appreciate it.

Here is the info I retrieved from my phone:

OS Version: 8.10.12397.895
Firmware Revision Number: 01061.00070.14246.29017
Carrier: AT&T

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Many months have passed since Lumia Denim was released, and I've eagerly awaited it as well.

Like svaethier, I too have an AT&T Windows Phone. Mine is a Nokia Lumia 635, currently running Lumia Cyan, which is the OS before Lumia Denim, I believe.

I've checked day after day for this update but, even though Microsoft says it's available for my phone, I can't get the update. I would love to have it, and if there is anybody who can get me some info on why it's not coming, I would really appreciate it.

Here is the info I retrieved from my phone:

OS Version: 8.10.12397.895
Firmware Revision Number: 01061.00070.14246.29017
Carrier: AT&T

AT&T sold two 635's. One with a contract and a GoPphone. The update you see is for the contract phone.. You must have the GoPhone. If you check the RM number, yours does not match the update that has been released.
Your fully supportive AT&T comes through again, not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb