Lumia 830 Camera Crashes

rigorimpossible

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 830's camera crashes all the time. I did soft and hard reset and even use the Lumia Recovery Tool, still the camera crashes. It's not starting, I tried many camera apps, and all just wont work. Anyone experienced the same thing?

UPDATE: Got it back (after a month in the Service Center), they fixed it... but after a few days, camera's broken again. Microsoft Mobile and I are in talks right now, they're in the process of replacing the device.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You did what you could.
Sounds like a hardware failure. Go and get it repaired / replaced because you still should have warranty.

nitiniit

May 27, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 830's camera crashes all the time. I did soft and hard reset and even use the Lumia Recovery Tool, still the camera crashes. It's not starting, I tried many camera apps, and all just wont work. Anyone experienced the same thing?

What did you did ?
I'm also facing the same issue..
pls reply fast

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

It happened to me also... last sunday everything just stopped. Don't try to bother, none of those soft/hard reset will work not even flashing software. Just send it to Nokia Care. :\

Strange is that i happended with me, you, this other guy on this topic and another one in a matter of days :\
Are Lumia 830's camera dying suddenly?

Ioana Sora

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello. My camera also crashes. Tried reset to factory settings, windows phone recovery... nothing works. Did anyone find a solution?

rigorimpossible

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, I sent it to the Service Center, got it back, they fixed it... but after a few days, camera's broken again... Talked to Microsoft Mobile and they're in the process of replacing my phone... I thought this issue is isolated, gosh.. I didn't know that many are experiencing the same thing..

For those who are experiencing the same thing, better ask Microsoft for a replacement... Fixing it wouldn't help...

Yohan D

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey buddy, I'm facing the same issue, I gave it to the Nokia service centre, they fixed it and gave it back, but the issue started showing up again. Would like to know how did you contact Microsoft about it and what did they do about it. Thanks.

rigorimpossible

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, they tried to fix it twice, but on the third time it occurred, they said to replace it. Perhaps they surrendered in fixing it. I'll be getting my replacement next week.

Maybe you should visit your nearest Service Center and ask for a replacement. You may also contact them thru live chat, in my country, live chatting with them makes the process speedy and easy, and the guys from Microsoft Mobile are very helpful. To initiate live chat, just visit Microsoft Mobile Contact support page, then click live chat (Mon-Fri).

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey buddy, I'm facing the same issue, I gave it to the Nokia service centre, they fixed it and gave it back, but the issue started showing up again. Would like to know how did you contact Microsoft about it and what did they do about it. Thanks.

I've searched for its support phone number on brazilian's Microsoft Mobile website.

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, they tried to fix it twice, but on the third time it occurred, they said to replace it. Perhaps they surrendered in fixing it. I'll be getting my replacement next week.

Maybe you should visit your nearest Service Center and ask for a replacement. You may also contact them thru live chat, in my country, live chatting with them makes the process speedy and easy, and the guys from Microsoft Mobile are very helpful. To initiate live chat, just visit Microsoft Mobile Contact support page, then click live chat (Mon-Fri).

It's probally a problem on main board, not camera module (the tried changing it to a new one twice) and didn't fixed it.

dhananjaya madiraju

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm facing the problem on my lumia 1020 from past 3 days .. it was working perfectly fine before that :-/ ...
All camera related apps just crash and return control to home screen ..
the USP of the phone has gone to a toss ..
Anyone with a possible solution please share !! ...

My phone is close to 2 yrs old, i guess warranty has expired ..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss