So, I am the proud owner of a new 830 today. I have a 1520 as my daily driver, but I wanted a secondary phone (confession: I actually have a 635, too...).

Well, I got home and was ready to put on my screen protector when I noticed that the top part of the aluminum frame already was scratched! Very small, but I just paid $450 for this and am a little bummed. Can't play with it tonight now.

Do any of you have experience with phone exchanges at a Microsoft store? Will they swap out for a cosmetic defect? Thanks in advance.
    02-05-2015 11:09 PM
    So, I am the proud owner of a new 830 today. I have a 1520 as my daily driver, but I wanted a secondary phone (confession: I actually have a 635, too...).

Well, I got home and was ready to put on my screen protector when I noticed that the top part of the aluminum frame already was scratched! Very small, but I just paid $450 for this and am a little bummed. Can't play with it tonight now.

Do any of you have experience with phone exchanges at a Microsoft store? Will they swap out for a cosmetic defect? Thanks in advance.
    Yes, they will. I recently swapped mine out because of a cosmetic defect at a DC area Microsoft Store a day after purchasing it. Just make sure you have your receipt. They didn't give me any trouble.
    02-05-2015 11:21 PM
    Thanks for the info. Yes, I went back to the Dallas store and they did a quick swap. :)

If you are in the area, get helped by Gustavo. Awesome associate there.
    Basiluzzo and rdubmu like this.
    02-06-2015 05:09 PM
    Note that they have a 30-day return policy, so really they'll swap out for any reason. You could always just return and rebuy, so they have no reason to refuse to swap.
    02-12-2015 08:19 PM
    Thanks for the info. Yes, I went back to the Dallas store and they did a quick swap. :)

If you are in the area, get helped by Gustavo. Awesome associate there.
    I bought my L830 in the Orlando Microsoft store, and they were great. I find the sales help in AT&T stores to be really hit or miss, which is why I chose to go to the Microsoft store. I was on a business trip when I bought the phone, and since returning home to San Diego have visited the Microsoft store here - really good service there, too.
    02-13-2015 04:01 PM