Deleting folder in IE favorites?

Steakster

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay. This one has me stumped. I have a desktop pc with the 8.1 OS and the Nokia 1020 with the same. When I open IE on the Nokia, the favorites folder is synced with my desktop favorites. These favorites show up in two places on the phone. (1) The favorites menu (2) a folder icon at the bottom of the favorites menu. I can't figure out how to delete all favorites in both places on the phone only. I wish to keep the favorites on my desktop IE.

In the Nokia menu, I turned off all sync functions. In OneDrive, I turned off all sync functions. I even factory reset the phone after turning off all sync functions. The favorites for IE are still there in both places. Help!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can tap and hold items in the favorites list in IE, which will reveal a menu where you can either edit or delete a favorite. This doesn't work for entire folders though, so you will have to delete each favorite separately. No idea if the folders will be automatically removed once they're empty.
A quicker way would be to export all your favorites right from your desktop IE and delete all folders and favorites there. Now sync them back to your phone. Once this is done, disable IE sync in settings -> sync -> IE and import your favorites on your desktop machine again.

Steakster

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah!!! It worked. Removing the favorites from the desktop IE was the solution - and then reconfiguring the sync settings on the phone and OneDrive. Thanks so much!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05