Official Update for those still with Touch Issues

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought it best to start a new thread with this updated official information rather than this being buried in the existing (and many) threads for this problem.

This comes from Delfin Vassallo (Social Operations Manager for Microsoft Mobile)

Delfin said:
Hi everyone,

We are sorry that some of you have been inconvenienced by this situation. We’ve identified some models of Lumia 535 are presenting different anomalies on the touchscreen performance. It manifests itself in several ways:

• Functionality of the scroll up/down and swipe left/right functions.
• Scrolling up/down or swiping left/right can result in an app or link being activated unintentionally.
• Functionality of the zoom in/out feature can be compromised if the user’s fingers are less than 20 mm apart.
• Text editing, particularly at speed, can result in characters being missed.
• ‘Ghost touch’ - use of the touchscreen in wet/moist conditions.
• If the user’s fingers are wet or the atmosphere is damp (i.e. entering a warm room from cold outdoors) buttons on the touchscreen can be activated unintentionally.

An OTA (over the air) software update has been deployed in 23rd of December 2014, solving most of the problems but certainly not for all customers.

Our Technical Support Operations team here in Finland, as well as the engineering teams in the US and China have the matter under investigation marked as urgent priority.

When our colleagues in the engineering team have identified the cause of the conflict, we will provide further information, whether this is another software update or an action performed on hardware at an authorised Care Point, (at this time Care Points have not received updated info regarding this topic, thus is useless to visit them)

We assure you that Microsoft does take matters like this very seriously and our teams are working frantically to resolve this concern for our customers. For the time being, we can only recommend that you use the troubleshooting provided whilst we work to ensure that the situation is properly solved, and that you accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Community Manager

Please refer to this FAQ, which has a few steps.

FAQ - What to do if issues with the touch screen on my Lumia 535 and 535 Dual SIM phones? - Microsoft - UK

Needless to say, if the points in the FAQ don't fully cover you, we need to wait for further information. I was told a few weeks ago that Care Centers would be aware if the issue and would resolve, but this obviously hasn't happened effectively enough.

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought the lumia 535 yesterday
Same touch problems.
Can anyone please confirm is this the hardware issue or the software issue ?

If you have upgraded it to WP10 the read what the post says above......

If you *haven't* upgraded it then don't post in this thread. Your question has been asked so many times. Use the "search" function to find some answers.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
i found many solutions someone is saying that Nokia Care has corrected the solution while some one said the last update solved the problem
Im still not sure is touch problem is due to hardware or software problem ?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft are still actively working toward a solution. No no information to share at this point, sorry.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Update:

I've just been told that there's an OTA patch coming in the next few days that should improve the touch issues for those people who still have it.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Update:

I've just been told that there's an OTA patch coming in the next few days that should improve the touch issues for those people who still have it.
i already received from recovery , version 02060.00000.15053.24003
im using it its improved but still very much behind. i hope they generate new update

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Should i give this device to nokia care in order to replace the hardware if there is hardware issue.
I called them they said they have latest software which needs to be installed i think they must have software that is already present in recovery so i installed and didnt give them.
Are things any better if you make sure you have an absolutely dry screen?
Yes touch screen is considerably better but i had my lumia 520 which is replaced by this 535.
the result for touch screen when compared with 520 is not good.

Prathamesh Tambe

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
My 535, had this issue, there was a ota update dedicated to this issue, but it didn't solved it, but minimized the occurrence of it, but recently i replaced the plastic scratchguard with a 0.33 mm Tempered glass, and voila !! There are no touch issues, zero, nil, not any !!, (the issue was present without any screen protector too, with a thin plastic screen protector too, but mine got solved after applying the thick tempered glass) now i don't know it was the cause or the catalyst which solved the issue, but hey, give it a try !

Last edited by a moderator:

anandha prabu

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
My 535, had this issue, there was a ota update dedicated to this issue, but it didn't solved it, but minimized the occurrence of it, but recently i replaced the plastic scratchguard with a 0.33 mm Tempered glass, and voila !! There are no touch issues, zero, nil, not any !!, (the issue was present without any screen protector too, with a thin plastic screen protector too, but mine got solved after applying the thick tempered glass) now i don't know it was the cause or the catalyst which solved the issue, but hey, give it a try !

Is the OTA update available in India for Lumia 535

MillionMonks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the touch issues only affects my 535 when I'm charging the phone.
Super laggy and erroneous and shaky touch interface when charging, but once I pull it out, It's back to normal.

Anybody tried it?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm seeing that the latest update appears to have significantly improve the situation for many of you. If anyone still happens to experience a significant issue with their touch screen (using a dry screen), please let me know in this thread, quoting your full OS and firmware versions.

Thanks.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi Pete, I am not having much of a touch issue on my 535. However as a new user to windows phone, I am curious about this updating process, it does not seem to come through the ota on the phone. What software do I need on my computer to do this?

Also will regular updates that come to the phone via ota include these updates that people are installing or is this a separate update thing?

Thanks.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This latest fix should be OTA, maybe it's not been released yet. However, the fix is already in the recovery tool.

The recovery tool is intented to be used in cases when the phone becomes unresponsive or there's network problems in downloading updates over the air. In the vast majority of cases, updates will be sent as OTA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)