What are your likes and dislikes of the Lumia 635?

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
T-mo only issues unlock code after some terms are met. Don't remember details, must be easily googled - a few months spent on the network, some money spent on the plan, all this. I was last reading it when unlocking my 521. Terms are reasonable, but it is not like you can get unlock code whenever you want.
My point is $179 for factory unlocked 635 is not very attractive.

I don't care much about unlocked because I use t-mobile service but I have never had any difficulty unlocking with them. The Moto G does not have LTE

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [L635] Calling all Nokia lovers

I am done. The phone is sold with a payment plan for those that don't want to pay the full price upfront or can't afford it. If you cancel service all you owe is the balance on the phone.

Just as a reminder, that tmobile $4.14 a month also makes you pay them $50 a month for the plan that goes along with it. Yes, you can quit at any time, but there are cheaper, better plans for the 635 out there. So thats another like reason for the 635. Probably cheapest upfront cost ( $40 or so) along with some of the best cheap monthly pay as you go plans. WIN-WIN!!

drew_t

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Fry's is selling the AT&T version for $29 this weekend if you get their promo code emails.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Fry's is selling the AT&T version for $29 this weekend if you get their promo code emails.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Incredible, I encourage anyone on the fence to pick one up. Great phone at an even better price!

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 635 User Reviews

I have been looking for a cheap Windows phone to mess with but the selection is rather poor This phone has just 512Mb ram and no flash or front camera. It also isn't very attractive like the majority of Lumina phones. My other option which is the Blu Win HD but it has a poor processor and people are complaining about performance.

Is this phone the best option on T-Mobile in a price range of 50-150?

I have both the 635 and the Blu Win HD on T-Mobile and I like both. Got the Blu for $99 refurbished off eBay. I don't get LTE, but 4G has been more than adequate for streaming music and whatnot. I hit play on a song in Xbox Music and there is probably at most a 10-15 second delay until it starts playing (usually 2-5 second delay on LTE anyway). To me sacrificing LTE was worth the nicer / bigger screen and quicker performance.

635 is great but it feels kind of clunky now compared to the Win HD. The LTE and Lumia Camera is nice - but the camera on the Blue Win HD is MUCH better (despite using the default microsoft camera).

Win HD reminds me of my old Nexus 5, which I really liked.

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

I just got one of these to test Windows on and I already regret that I did. The phone screen is poor quality, animation stutters and the battery life is poor. Not liking Windows either. Some of the apps that I use have a much better android version and not a fan of the keyboard.

I guess I just need to get use to it.

Bobby Phoenix

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site

I just got one of these to test Windows on and I already regret that I did. The phone screen is poor quality, animation stutters and the battery life is poor. Not liking Windows either. Some of the apps that I use have a much better android version and not a fan of the keyboard.

I guess I just need to get use to it.

Maybe you got a bad one. I've been using a 635 for about two months now, and it's been super smooth, the screen is great, and the battery lasts me around two days with medium use. I really love it.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you got a bad one. I've been using a 635 for about two months now, and it's been super smooth, the screen is great, and the battery lasts me around two days with medium use. I really love it.

Probably did my brother's works well no complaints at all except no FFC but replaced it with a Lumia 735 now.

realitydroid

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got one a couple of days ago. I really like it. Picked it up at work after my shift for about $50.

I'm coming from a, still activated, HTC 8XT WP on Sprint. I loved WP on my 8XT, but got tired of being under contract and having a crappy selection of WP offerings from Sprint. Wasn't interested in continuing with Sprint for another year if they weren't going to treat WP customers better.

With that in mind, my 635 is my first Nokia phone, and it's my first prepaid phone. I've been on Sprint with the same line since 8th grade. I'm now 22 and the new phone is on a $45 AT&T Go Phone plan. Will soon save up for the early termination fee and drop my contract with Sprint.

As for the 635, I love it! I don't really miss the FFC as I rarely ever used the one on my 8XT. I also don't miss the ambient light sensor, or the better quality speaker as these weren't things that I used often enough to justify them. I just knew that I wanted an affordable smartphone on a prepaid plan. I also knew that I didn't want to go back to Android, and I never want to hassle with those stupid, and overpriced (in my opinion), iPhones. So, the 635 fits the bill perfectly.

It's small and slim enough to put in my pocket and not feel it or see it protruding through my pant leg. It's light weight and feels great in the hand. The screen is big enough and looks great for the price. The overall UI is very responsive, regardless of the low end hardware. And I can't get over having LTE in my hometown. Sprint doesn't have LTE coverage where I live, and only goes to 4G in the two nearby cities with my 8XT.

I don't like the small amount of built in storage, but WP apps are usually pretty small anyway, so I don't notice it. Plus, most of my apps are now installed on my 32GB SD card (will probably get a bigger one soon though as I've got the 32GB card so full of music). Call quality is terrific, and the audio quality through headphones is no worst than the 8XT (sorry Beats Audio, but you don't make a big enough difference for me to miss ya).

Regardless of the low end price of this phone, I don't feel like this phone is low end. If you're on a budget, like me, then this phone is definitely leagues above the Android offerings at a similar price.

If you want more features, however, then this isn't the phone for you. I think most of the those extra features touted by the more expensive phones are useless anyway, and aren't worth the extra price. But, that's up to you entirely.

If you can live without a few features, however, then this phone will probably be a good match for you. Not the best of the bunch. But, for the price, it holds its own.

drew_t

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Unless money is really tight,I would return it and wait until you can get a 640.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12