Lumia 930

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
In what way? Probably with W10 and updated browser etc. With WP8.1 its still a slick phone but hard to say if it 'beats' a Galaxy. Faster and better camera, yes.

Better is always subjective.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what the playing field is.

If the competition is in ease of using Hangouts? Nexus 5.
Camera chops? 930.

It all varies, just get what you want.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
It depends on what you're looking for in a phone. For smoothness, Windows Phone is awesome. It's so smooth and it feels SO polished. Android is an awesome OS too!! It really depends on what you're looking for... Can you elaborate on what you want, OP?

Yasser Aboobakar

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Android is smooth in the showroom once u bring it home download the apps...u start regretting your purchase...av had so much dissapointing moments with android where i have to tell people to wait my phone just froze coz of a freaking app chewing on my cpu...feel so stressed free with wp...it just works..and maybe the nexus is faster than wp coz wp has some animation of opening and closing which i kinda hate coz its not instant..but nexus even if its stock android dont wanna take the chance...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
coz wp has some animation of opening and closing which i kinda hate coz its not instant....

Fyi, these animation do not cause any delay. They are put in to "cover up" the delay from the system.
Or in other words if these animation where not used you stll did not get a instant opening but a blank or "resuming" screen.

Yasser Aboobakar

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
No not maybe.

So you think that MS just put these animations in because they think animations is what people want or just to annoy people?

Yo ma man...i just raised an opinion...u dont have to act all childish about some animations...i just said what i thought...av used lumia since the my first lumia 610...i just gave an opinion...so basically if i take what you say into consideration u mean to tell me that windows phone is laggy just like android but they r trying to hide it?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yo ma man...i just raised an opinion...u dont have to act all childish about some animations...i just said what i thought...av used lumia since the my first lumia 610...i just gave an opinion...so basically if i take what you say into consideration u mean to tell me that windows phone is laggy just like android but they r trying to hide it?

Of course you can ask questions. That's what this forum is about.
And if you ask a question you get an answer and if the first answer is not clear enough than you get a more clear answer.
And that was what I did.

I would not say that windows phone are as laggy as androids but yes windows phone also lag.
Every phone needs some time to load or start and windows phone use indeed the animation to hide it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss