Why do I have purple hue's on my Lumia 730?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karuppiah Senthil

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Purple Hue on my Lumia 730

Hi,
I am noticing purple hues over the edges of 'grey areas' while scrolling, on my 5 days old Lumia 730. The grey areas which I have mentioned are with "People; Music; App Switcher UI"
In "People and Music", If we don't have a contact picture or album art, windows will show a grey square box, by default. That is where the exact problem persists. Whenever I scroll, these grey boxes show some purple hue over the edges, when I scroll upwards, it appears on the upper edge; when scroll downwards it appears on the lower edge, and it is perfectly normal when not in motion.
In the App Switcher UI, the problem persists same as above but the edges are left and right, with respect to the scroll direction and some flickering is visible along the edges.
The Hue and flickering vary with respect to color profile and brightness profile. And is visible only on grey areas of the UI.
Forums says, the problem is with OLED calibration. Initially I doubted the same and tested the OLED behaviour by keeping grey backgrounds for tiles and lock screen. It behaves perfectly normal, no hues on the tiles, no flickering. I have not seen this behaviour while scrolling through third party apps. As of my observations, the problem is only with grey areas of Windows UI.
But, I am still dubious whether it is a hardware issue or software issue. Kindly Clarify. If it is hardware, I should opt for replacement.
Please suggests some fix for this. I hope Microsoft will acknowledge this issue.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss