Will unlocked 930 work on AT&T?

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Looking to upgrade my wife's old L820 to something a lot better. I never paid attention to the L930 as technically it was never released here in the states. Now that I'm looking for a new phone, it's on my radar. What I don't know is if it will play nicely with AT&T's LTE network. I've never had an unlocked phone before so I don't know what else will/won't work properly (eg will it still get updates, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You will get HSPA speeds that's it. Here in Canada, Rogers expanded their LTE to include 2600 MHz band and I can get LTE in those areas. I don't believe ATT offers that band for LTE so you will have to be happy with 3G/HSPA. Have you looked at the 1520 as well. I had both and I much prefered the 1520

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
That is what I am using. You won't get LTE data, as stated above, but everything else is ready to go right out of the box. Put in your sim, and that's it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It'll work perfectly (may need MMS or something configured, but that's a nonissue) except for no LTE.

Updates will come straight from MS if its unbranded, which it probably is if its not locked to a carrier, meaning it is probably faster than carriers, like AT&T who add an additional step in the release process.

elando_16

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,

I'm due for an upgrade in April ..currently using L920 ..I'm leaning towards an unlocked L930 until a flagship gets released (so they say in the summer). I have some questions

an L930 on ATT, of course I wont get LTE but i'll get something in HSPA+ in Orlando, FL ..but I'm mostly on Wi-Fi at home & work

Does Cortana function normal?
Will I drop any calls?
Will messaging funtion normal?
just basic things I want to know

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I had a 930 for a few weeks (I'm on AT&T) before I sent it back.
No problems at all running on AT&T. No LTE, but you already are aware of that.
Here in Tucson, AZ I get 10~13mps on the AT&T HSPA+ network.
Everything worked fine on AT&T with the 930, messaging, mms, Cortana, internet teathing, etc.
The 930 itself had all the common problems that have been talked about so I sent it back.

:)
Fred

Hello guys,

I'm due for an upgrade in April ..currently using L920 ..I'm leaning towards an unlocked L930 until a flagship gets released (so they say in the summer). I have some questions

an L930 on ATT, of course I wont get LTE but i'll get something in HSPA+ in Orlando, FL ..but I'm mostly on Wi-Fi at home & work

Will I drop any calls?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,

Will I drop any calls?

Cortana functions normally, as long as you set your phone's region settings right.
Dropped calls are not a major issue I have seen in this, or most any phone.
Messaging will be no different than an AT&T phone. May need a setting changed, but no biggie.

The 930 does have its own defects that are more common, but the odds are that you'll get a good device. Just be sure you have an escape plan, just like with any phone. (since every phone model has its bad apples)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786