Your Calls at Max Volume Sound Like...?

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey, everyone. I just purchased a new 830 the other day and am getting settled into it altogether. Love the design and so much about it, but wanting to verify some things before a potential exchange is too late.

Apart from the search button just about never working with the Zagg I have on it, I've noticed that my calls give off a vibration/rattle in the earpiece when I have the call volume at max. Is this usual? I can live with the search button issue, but if my rattle is one-off I may have to go and make an exchange. Thanks in advance.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I want to check here first before I do that. I've actually done one exchange already because my first unit had a scratch on the aluminum frame out of the box. So trying to not bother them again, haha.

Maybe a better word is that there is a slight buzzing sound during calls, and only with certain frequencies, not through the entire range of sound coming in. I hope that makes sense.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Nah you should get the best possible device.. You did spend your money on it, so... And as long as you don't walk in like you own the place, I don't think they'll hate you :p

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I may check the store tomorrow and see if I can stick my sim in the demo phones to replicate the buzzing.

Regarding the search button, I've heard this is common and will probably just deal with it until an update.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
And they actually know me there since I'm there too much, haha. Great crew and really friendly.

I did spend for the phone, but if the buzz is just part of the build I'll be okay with it. This is my secondary phone at the end of the day.

Last edited:

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably swing by there tomorrow to try out some other 830s. In the meantime, does anyone else mind chiming in on their experiences?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo