How long are you guys planning to keep 8x

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
currently i won't be able to buy another Flagship for another year or two.. so i guess i will be stuck with this phone for a while..
curious to know how long you guys are planning to use..

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I plan to keep mine until, at the least, a decent replacement W10 phone becomes available. The only reason I lean towards that is because my 8x is starting to act flaky, a refresh might fix it, but it is also 2 years (almost 3 by the time 10 is released) so it will be time to start looking about then.

Though if it runs 10 well, still does the things I need it to do, then I may hold on to it for the second round of W10 phones since I really want my next purchase to be a Surface Pro 4 to replace my Surface 2.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I sold mine, due to no HTC updates and bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 cause my country didn't support Windows Phones, only Android and iOS. So getting a new Windows Phone was not really an Option.

To be honest I'm happy with my Android. Maintaining it is really easy (as in not getting lags, you just need to know what to do).

I hope we get some Windows 10 devices, other wise getting a S6 in july :)

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
mine is about emm i got it mid 13, so its about year and half? when 8.1 update come, it was bit laggy, but over the update made it smooth again
i happen to like with it again :D

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Until either the 830 gets cheaper at ATT or the phone finally stops working (or a better deal comes along, but not too likely with the focus being on low-end and W10 is a fairly long ways off). It's having its issues - not coming on, keyboard not responding during use, SIM card error (although that has been lessened by the scotch tape fix). Certainly not considering the M8 as a replacement; not so much because of the 8X issues, but more of the fact that for our needs the M8 is way overpriced compared to the 830 which has a better camera and hopefully Nokia's quality.

We got an 8X and a 920 at the exact same time; the 8X feels on its last legs, the 920 feels like it did on day 1. I didn't realize why people thought so much of Nokia build quality, but I do now (yet, I realize that may decrease some with Microsoft and also that there have been exceptions).

aos10

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
i was planing to throw it and switch to Xperia Z3
but then, the 8.1 update came and change everything
it make my phone %70 better then before
i think i'll keep using it for couple of months

matty032

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
Mine is two years and a half old. I am trying to hang on until the MS flagship phone comes out in June. But, if I can't hold out, guess I will have to buy either the Samsung, or HTC M8, since I am on Verizon.

rekkid

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine is a little over 2 years old. I'm going to switch to iOS soon. Believe it or not, its the one mobile OS that I havent used on a phone yet (I do have an iPad, so I'm not really coming to it brand new) I like to switch and try everything... My smartphone list started with Windows 5.5 (BlackJack), WebOS (Pixie), Blackberry (Curve), Android (Atrix2), and now WP8 (8x). Only thing left is iOS... and Ubuntu or Firefox... maybe those are next if they're still around in 2 years. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss