Back Cover Question

jbrothman88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the AT&T 1520 and I wanted replace the back cover due to its condition. The issue is that I can only find the international back cover. I was wondering if there would be an issue to install the international back cover that has a wireless flex onto my AT&T 1520? I know it will not have wireless charging capabilities but I'm concerned about that. I just want to make sure that there isn't going to be any interference.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
You can try and see a few videos and see if there is indeed a way to attach the flex to your ATT 1520 in which case you can come out ahead and have wireless charging as well.
I'll post a few links if I find something decent.

jbrothman88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for responding! I could only find disassembly videos but nothing specific to the back cover. I've seen posts about modifying the back cover to work but I don't feel too comfortable performing that hack. My only concern is if placing the international replacement back cover on the AT&T 1520 would cause problems to the internals...would I have to take the wireless flex out of the international back cover to avoid any contacts from touching? Or would it just simply not work without any issues if I leave the wireless flex? I definitely appreciate your response though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I would take the flex circuit out just to be safe. Check on AliExpress or even eBay, there might be sellers selling the back cover only, no qi charging circuitry included. I used to see that with the Lumia 920 and there is a good chance that this is possible with the cover for the Lumia 1520. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo