Why is Cortana and Bing popping up on there own (Lumia 1520)?

martice

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 1520 Problems. :-O

My phone is driving me nuts!!! The screen keeps freezing and Cortana keeps popping up on it's own. I turned Cortana off and now Bing keeps opening up. Any ideas what might be causing this?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1520 Problems. :-O

Cortana and Bing are launched by the Magnifying Glass button on the bottom right corner of your 1520. You could have a malfunction that is causing phantom touches to the bottom right corner of your screen, or you could be brushing it with your hand. I often accidentally touch the search button.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Unless it's really cold where you live and have to wear gloves, I suggest setting the touch sensitivity to normal. It's worked wonders for me and the phantom touch issue.

martice

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Tks for the reply. Let me be a little more clear on what's happening. I can put my phone on a table and and open an app. While the app is open and my fingers are nowhere near the screen, the phone will freeze and/or Cortana will open up. The only way to get it functioning is to go to lock screen and come back. I did a factory reset twice already and the same thing. Also the screen at times will freeze and then start to shake up and down.

Any ideas?

SeattleSeahawks

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Weird problem, my 1520 is randomly tapping and scrolling on occasion. Say I open any app then it will randomly pick an icon and scroll up or down really fast

MassDeduction

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem. I tried more hard resets than I can count. I was on Preview for Developers, and rolled back to stock 8.1. I eventually concluded that the digitiser on the screen itself was damaged, probably from me putting it in my jeans pocket and it bending the screen over time.

I put it on a flat tabletop and noted a slight bend in the unit. I bent it back the other way, and with some experimenting I managed to get it to work. Bend too much either way and it exhibits the problem again. I'm actually pretty happy, I can keep it working for about a day between bends.

I need to repair it, but it's going to be expensive to send it in to Palco for repair so I'm holding off for now.

Adriaan Le Grange

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
My lumia 1520 did the same: phantom touch, screen jumping, navigation bar buttons flickering on and off, bing opening randomly. the phone was going crazy so much that i could not use it. I search everywhere for a solution. there is so many things people suggested like: changing setting, putting books on the phone to level it out if it's bend, hard reset and the list goes on, but non of that worked for me or seemed practical.
One thing i did read and notice, is that one member mentioned a screw missing under the sim/memory card trays. and sure i had a screw missing. after some research, if i understand correct that particular screw is the only screw that hold the back cover in place. why my phone didn't have a screw is a mystery. I don't know if this could be the problem, but i doubt it.

I eventually took my phone in for repair (was still under warranty at my service provider). they replaced my screen, and the phone is as fantastic as the first day i got it!

My advice: don't waste your time just take your phone in for repair

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte