New Owner , battery issue

MK Shatnawi

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello, there :eek:rly:
Got my Lumia 1520 4 days ago, coming from Galaxy Note II.
In general i'm very pleased with my choice, however i think i have a big battery issue..
The battery is getting chewed through in roughly ~20 hours, with minimal use.. ~10 minutes phones calls, few viber / whatsapp messages, and ~10 pictures.
I've closed all backround apps except Viber, whats app and email checking ( every 2 hours ), also have my FB,twitter and linkedin accounts connected with people hub.
ALL other apps services are off ( cortana, music syncing, games, auto updates, auto app updates etc ), no live tiles used, no weather app etc..
I've also switched the data from 4g to 2g, and keep the wifi on all the time.
Brightness on auto, screen rotation is locked ( off ), settings syncing to manual touch sensitivity set to normal.
I've also tried resetting the phone, with no result.

With most of the things off, i would expect battery to last a lot more than ~20 hours with the given usage..
My note II would last ~2 days with same average usage and over 4 hours of screen time ( screen on ) .

Is that normal or should i send my phone for a check ?
Sorry for the lengthy post, but its my first windows phone and i don't know what to expect our of the battery.

Ps : running latest update ( denim ), no other updates available.

Last edited:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You just need to keep using it. The battery will get better over time. WP learns the battery and adjusts accordingly. Give it 2 weeks of normal use and charging. You should see an increase in battery life. Make sure 'Battery Saver' is off too.

Whatsapp is known as a battery hog anyway...

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
You just need to keep using it. The battery will get better over time. WP learns the battery and adjusts accordingly. Give it 2 weeks of normal use and charging. You should see an increase in battery life. Make sure 'Battery Saver' is off too.

Whatsapp is known as a battery hog anyway...

Is it true that battery saver eats life?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't eat battery life, but it does limit certain functions below 20%. I usually leave it off so I have full power for mine at all times. The 1520 is easily the best WP device... Enjoy!!!

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't eat battery life, but it does limit certain functions below 20%. I usually leave it off so I have full power for mine at all times. The 1520 is easily the best WP device... Enjoy!!!

It is easily the best WP device! I love mine to death. I always use battery saver "on", to always limit. I heard some people say having it on can actually drain life more! I hope not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa