Win 10 is smooth on the 635

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hope I get the update on T-Mobile. I fear that by the time a final release of W10 is green lighted and delivered the phone won't be supported any more. But now that I've committed to cheap phones I'll be able to just buy whatever the 635 replacement is.

estabien

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Eh I'm still looking to get the HTC one instead the ram on the 635 has me feeling 512mb devices won't be supported for the long haul

Not trying to derail the thread, but if you have any questions about the HTC One M7, feel free to PM me. I've owned the M7 for about a year now :)

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
That's good as I was planning to try it on my 630 :smile:

I read it somewhere in known issue that the dual SIM support for messages aren't supported in this build, can u pls confirm me if you installed W10, that's the only concern that is not let me to install w10 in my 630

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I read it somewhere in known issue that the dual SIM support for messages aren't supported in this build, can u pls confirm me if you installed W10, that's the only concern that is not let me to install w10 in my 630

Mines only the single SIM version, and not my daily driver so I'm not to worried if bits don't work. Just installed it.....now to play

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I've put it on my 630 (which is my only phone) a few hours ago and yeah, it can be a daily driver. Not really smooth experience but it warks ok for me. If it doesn't suit you yet, you can always rollback to 8.1.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've put it on my 630 (which is my only phone) a few hours ago and yeah, it can be a daily driver. Not really smooth experience but it warks ok for me. If it doesn't suit you yet, you can always rollback to 8.1.

How do u roll back if u have no computer? Can u put the developer preview app back on your phone and check for updates and go back that way?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Went through the process today from installing Windows Insider and eventually taking on the W10 preview.

Finding more problems as I dig around the preview on my unused T-Mo 635.
I'll say generally it's interesting as far as a number of features.

For anyone considering jumping on their one and only.
Think twice...

Hoping this will eventually be the stuff MMPhones are made of.
Good luck to all us early adopters!

daveey

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Pretty good on 635; few bugs here and there, but it is beta. Hard on battery though! Must be a lot goin on in there.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Eh I'm still looking to get the HTC one instead the ram on the 635 has me feeling 512mb devices won't be supported for the long haul

I have the HTC One M8 as my main phone. I just ordered the Lumia 635 to use for testing this first preview of Windows 10. The HTC is a great phone, so will be excited when I can put a "less buggy" Windows 10 on it.

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
have you found anyway to switch between dual sim in phone section? it was linked when i was using WP8.1, now i dont have options :(

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
It's not smooth for me.

A little glitchy, but main thing is that many apps dont work at all. Including all of the Bing/MSN apps (News, Weather, etc.).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster