How good is the lumia 535 in the face of android competition, especially in developing countries?

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
The lumia 535 was microsoft's first phone from the lumia line-up. One can't fault this phone much on paper, boasting almost segment best specifications in a reliable and quality package. However being MS's first phone, apparently it has some quirks. The other day my cousin out to buy a phone tried a demo lumia 535 at a retail outlet and straightaway turned it down, the reason cited was that of excessive heating even for medium duty tasks such as video playback. Still I can see the 535 is now second only to the now iconic 520 in sales. I would like to know the responses of the 535 owner base as to whether even with it's supposed drawbacks such as heating issues and screen sensitivity problem, the 535 poses a serious competition to the android low ends most of which are china or china-based in developing and important markets for MS like India. Can the 535 do better than the 520 or has it's perception been already spoiled by it's quirks?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
535 is a better phone than the 520 in every regard. The screen sensitivity issue does need fixing. Can you browse through the 535 forums and see on average what people are saying about the heating issues? In the limited time I had, playing with it in India, I did not see any issues. Good luck.

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Being a fan of lumias since 2 years now, I'm constantly trying to get people, at least relatives to jump ship to windows and try a lumia. Couldn't resist raising this thread, since someone I knew rejected a lumia, the 535 specifically and not having experienced the 535 myself, wanted to know if the drawbacks are really a deal breaker. The 535 is significant to MS to establish itself in developing countries. Let us hope the 535 sales don't get hit by it's initial shortcomings.

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, i've usually gone for mid-tier to premium range for devices because of support, however because Microsoft are trying to get marketshare in every arena. I took the plunge and bought the Lumia 535 and it's performing fairly well actually. Apart from the fact that it gets cranky when many apps are running in the background and try, then it may hang slightly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs