Will this wireless charger work with the 1020?

jjmorgan64

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The only issue you may have is that the qi on the 1020 is slightly lower on the phone than on the 920, due to the camera.
Worst case scenario is that you would have to put a small block under the phone to elevate it slightly.
Chances are it will work fine as is though.

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
If I buy this charger, does the time continue to display on the phone screen while it's charging so I can use it as a clock in the middle of the night or does the time eventually go away?

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I can't say for certain that this exact charger will work, but I know that other cheapo QI chargers for Galaxy works with 1020.

HOWEVER, it was a hit and miss. the "coil" has to be spot on over the charger bit, and much more difficult with that hump. I would say I probably had about 5% luck.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If I buy this charger, does the time continue to display on the phone screen while it's charging so I can use it as a clock in the middle of the night or does the time eventually go away?

You can set "Always show glance screen when charging and disable night mode.
So yes the time will show all the night. (at least with my nokia QI chargers)

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The only issue you may have is that the qi on the 1020 is slightly lower on the phone than on the 920, due to the camera.
Worst case scenario is that you would have to put a small block under the phone to elevate it slightly.
Chances are it will work fine as is though.
It says it is a three coil charger and that it works in landscape mode as well as portrait mode so I would not think that is an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss