Anyone using the Windows 10 for Phones preview on their L830?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
and back again to 8.1 as I suspected. It almost is a keeper, but missing too many notifications on the phone and to the Band. Used the feedback several times a day in the last two days to report problems. The battery life went down by 30% as well.

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I updated my L830 to windows 10 and I found it sluggish, After resetting the phone everything changed and I am enjoying windows 10, For best results I recommend to reset the phone after updating to windows 10 and set as new phone.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to WP10 last night. There has been a learning curve, trying to come up to speed on where to find features, how to get things working that weren't. I'm going to stick with it for a couple of days at least, and give it a shot as a daily driver.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to WP10 last night. There has been a learning curve, trying to come up to speed on where to find features, how to get things working that weren't. I'm going to stick with it for a couple of days at least, and give it a shot as a daily driver.
And back to 8.1. I enjoyed the look and feel of WP10, but it was just a little too unstable. The biggest thing was when I'd turn my phone on, and go from my lock screen to my start screen, it would sit for 10's of minutes with "Loading ..." on the screen. I tried turning off / on, battery pull, soft reset, it would still happen.

The apps were pretty stable, once I reloaded them from the store. However there was a constant set o apps trying to download, even though they had already downloaded and were functional.

Scrolling between inboxes was a pain, I hope they fix that for the released version.

Anyway, back to 8.1, then the updates to version 8.10.15137.148. Some shuffling around of tiles, reloading of apps, and I'm back to a stable phone. Loving it!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
To overcome the Loading... on the start menu I have found you hit the windows key a lot of times then cycle lock and unlock, repeat, and it usually will come back to the start screen pretty quickly.

Still on WP10. Hoping for an update this week but not holding my breath.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett