Give us a Win 10 review please?

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
So lets go here, someone has it loaded up on our Super 635's. Tell how she runs! Oh, and thank you Microsoft for showing us some love!

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'll report soon seeing gears currently.... Took a while to download and install now on reboot.

Does require 8 GB of space so have SD card,,and WiFi

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
So far so good..had to re-install several apps BUT there is a restore setting addition that restores app to 100% functionality,,,will report more later

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Have it installed as well. Really nice. Keyboard looks alot cleaner, new settings menu is a revelation. I'm in Canada so bummed about no Cortana tho, any idea why I can have it with WIN8 and not WIN10?

tpbklake

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So far so good..had to re-install several apps BUT there is a restore setting addition that restores app to 100% functionality,,,will report more later

The only thing I noticed was I had to repin Cortana back to my Home screen. Did not have to reinstall any apps. Using a RM-975_1005 AT&T Go Phone which was upgraded from the 8.1.1 Developer Preview.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Win10P on a T-Mobile 635 here...
Phone runs about the same in general terms.

No more pesky "resuming" when switching from app to app or back to the start screen.
However there is a blank screen seen for a couple of seconds at times when returning to an intense task.

The settings options are organized under categories.
Still needs work in my opinion some utilities are placed oddly under the headings.

Extras under settings comes up with a white screen the fonts on this screen are small.
I've been having trouble getting the options on this screen to show by tapping.
They will open its just hit and miss.

There's a few more tile options at least the people tile can be resized to tall.

The camera apps sure seem to process much better.
The default camera opens right now when tapped.
Options for the default cam have really been trimmed down.
Some of it's features are gone.
Videos shot with the 635 are very good.
Smooth with great sound.

The system photo app has new options.
Still trying to figure a few things out like selecting pics with the teeny tiny hamburger menu.
That thing is hard to hit with six inch wide pinky's :/

Battery time might be a bit less.
This could be because I'm putting the phone thru the paces trying to learn.

I'm not too sure about the start screen tiles transparency levels being opaque with the ability to change color.
I have mine set to steel so the start screen looks better for me.
This is an ok feature I guess...

The pull down notifications are all inclusive or have more stuff anyway.
Looks like things might change here in a final release.
One disappointment no data toggle that I can find.
Also "all settings" has been added to the selectable toggle tap squares.

For T-Mobile users or at least me after installation Wi-Fi calling is malfunctioning again.
Tried removing-reinstalling and soft resetting.
Still a no go here.

All I can think of for now.

I may want to hard reset.
Goofed up my SD when I forgot and unplugged the phone from USB without disconnecting thru explorer on desktop :(
Damn me...
No biggee this isn't the phone I depend on.

Update1:
Total reset accomplished.
For some reason on the initial download and install even though I chose start fresh from the back-up screen I ended up with things from the previous incursion.
My usual luck with backups :(
This time the preview is a pristine ground up install.
Much smoother now...

Also the baked in file explorer is proving very handy.
Wi-Fi calling is also working now.

Last edited:

jonesdavide

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
The operating system runs well or about the same from what I have noticed so far, but I have had too many annoying bugs and will be using the recovery tool to go back to 8.1. Here are my reasons why:

• Tweetium is broken and will not load. The app store is telling me I need to retry upgrading it.
  • NPR One app - same as Tweetium
  • Pocket Lounge is not remembering anything such as read/unread status, downloads, etc,
  • People seems to be working but when I received a call from someone in my address book, their number wasn't recognized for some reason. I tried to use Cortana to text my wife, but Cortana said she was not in my address book.
  • Fitbit will not load
  • *not a bug but I don't like how the keyboard won't let me slide to the number line like in 8.1 (and Android and iOS).
  • wifi not working without my SIM card in.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
FYI Fitbit and Tweetium work...NPR ONE does not..I have no issues with wifi. Cortana does loose associations on things like text my wife etc.... future updates.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
For apps that keep trying to reload from the app store, but can't... UNINSTALL the app, then reinstall it. This has fixed the issue for myself and several others. This should also help those apps that aren't working to start working again.

So lets go here, someone has it loaded up on our Super 635's. Tell how she runs! Oh, and thank you Microsoft for showing us some love!
Yeah, lots of love just in time for Valentine's Day! Woot!

I see it mentioned that the "resuming" is gone. This is PARTLY correct. The person above reporting that says it was replaced by a blank screen that lasted a couple of seconds. I had the same, except for more than a couple of seconds. However, once I did a hard reset and started fresh, it rarely does that at all. Switching tasks has become quick and fluid. I have gotten a "Loading..." screen once or twice, but it didn't last long.

Loving it!

Kmel33

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Have it installed as well. Really nice. Keyboard looks alot cleaner, new settings menu is a revelation. I'm in Canada so bummed about no Cortana tho, any idea why I can have it with WIN8 and not WIN10?

I also can't have Cortana on my L 635 with windows 10 ! Cortana only works inside the USA !

Look at this link there is a solution, Not working for me.

ibtimes.co.uk/how-get-cortana-working-windows-10-phones-outside-us-1487959

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720