Query: Battery Life on Denim

hawwie_4

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I did a clean install with the LSRT

nothing turned off running in the background, hey cortana on all the time and I am getting battery life about the same as what Indistinguishable is reporting with similar phone use

Would a factory reset after the fact have the same result. I didn't reset when I updated to denim

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Would a factory reset after the fact have the same result. I didn't reset when I updated to denim

if you are not getting battery life to your satisfaction I would do a factory reset imho

it should have the same effect returning your phone to the factory state with all your personal files, settings, music, etc. erased from the phone that I did with the LSRT

I usually just bite the bullet and do a factory reset after getting any major OS/firmware update because in my case it has always minimized problems

if you do a hard reset or use the LSRT wait for a couple of days and battery charge cycles to get an idea of what to expect for battery life with 8.1.1/Denim

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
On DP I was only getting about 6-8 hours with light use. Did Denim update over the top and battery didn't change much. Did a factory reset and restore from backup which didn't help the battery.

Yesterday I did a factory reset and started with fresh install of apps and I have most of my original battery life back. On first charge I got 11 hours of moderate use. I think it'll get much more as I work on getting the battery back up to snuff. The reset WITH fresh app install helped a TON for me.

hawwie_4

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
if you are not getting battery life to your satisfaction I would do a factory reset imho

it should have the same effect returning your phone to the factory state with all your personal files, settings, music, etc. erased from the phone that I did with the LSRT

I usually just bite the bullet and do a factory reset after getting any major OS/firmware update because in my case it has always minimized problems

if you do a hard reset or use the LSRT wait for a couple of days and battery charge cycles to get an idea of what to expect for battery life with 8.1.1/Denim

Do you restore a backup to or no?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I seem to have improved battery life. I did a hard reset after upgrading. The first day it was not great, but that was probably because I was checking out the new stuff and the phone was installing and updating apps. Since then, my battery's stabilized. Graphic intensive games still suck up battery fast, but since I don't play often, it's not a huge deal.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Do you restore a backup to or no?
the first time I used the LSRT I restored a backup to see how well it would work and save me some time but I started to get some of the same nagging problems with a few app live tiles I use not working properly so I nuked my phone again with the LSRT a second time and did not restore a backup and put everything back on manually and everything is working fine now and battery is life has been good

someguyatx

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
No complaints, just got my Icon used last week and denim came out the next day. Battery life is comparable to my androids used in the past year, Galaxy S4, HTC One, Moto X. Not using Hey Cortana

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually, yesterday I had really good battery life. My battery was fully charged when I woke up early (around 5am) and I didn't charge it until I went to sleep around 10pm. We went on a 5 mile hike, and I was taking pictures and posting to Facebook when I could, got back we did our troop stuff with badge work and such. I was still taking pics at night, when I hooked it up to my portable charger, it was still at 5%. My wife's GS5 konked out at around 4pm that afternoon.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's been a couple weeks now of having Denim; things should be settled down now as far as people "playing" with the new OS/firmware update.

How has everybody's battery life faired. I've noticed an improvement. Last night, I forgot to set my phone on the charger before going to sleep. It was around 95%-ish, when I woke up, I expected the phone to be below 50%. I was surprised to see it was at 90%-ish.

My daughter and her friends like to play games on it while waiting for ballet lessons to start. When I let them play, I noticed that the battery drain was not as much as under WP8.1DP/Black.

Now, my measurements are far from scientific. I just seem to have better battery life.

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My 925 has been about the same with medium-heavy use. Seems to charge faster though. Could have just been the charger I was using, which is for my galaxy tab 4. Had about 45% and it jumped to 76%+ in about 20 minutes.

Marc van Gastel

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Running on Lumia Cyan, my battery was really OK, but now on Denim it seems like half the capacity...
Even after minimize all settings, background tasks and battery saver on! 😒
Browsing is the problem, that drains the battery, so what is the solution??

Last edited:

kataria

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine Lumia 520 battery have also seems like half the capacity it get finished after some hours. (it's after the denim update)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
On my Icon, it seems better over all. Most nights after moderate use through out the day, using Hey Cortana and MOST apps disabled from running in the background. I see 40-60% on battery before putting on the charger at the end of the day.

There has been a few times with really heavy usage where I got the "battery low" message but, it was after a REALLY busy day, traveling as a passenger in a car for a 2 hour ride and using my phone about 75% through the ride but, that was to be expected... I thought it did pretty well over all.

I would say it's a moderate improvement over the DP, worthy on this aspect.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
mine definitely seems worse. left a fully charged phone on my desk and it was at 50% by morning. typically drain pre-Denim was closer to 10%. I'm always topping it off during the day.

might have to turn off hey-Cortana though I love that feature. have of course disabled all the background processes except mail/fitness/weather

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is better than it has ever been. With light usage during the work week, I managed over 100h between charges. 150+ SMS/MMS & 20+ emails per day, Cortana on, Sensor Core on, 3 email accounts set to receive immediately, LTE on, BT on, NFC on, GPS on, and Battery Saver off.

wp_ss_20150304_0001_zpscvfyedjy.jpg

~Ex

Marc van Gastel

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Strangely enough after a few weeks on denim and a couple of soft-resets and battery tests (WP bench app) battery-life is getting a little, little better. With medium usage 10- 15% has left at the end of the day. That's affordable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos