Issues with Windows 10 on Lumia 730

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Guys.. One word for this build.. Amazing.��
I had few problem.. Updating the apps from beta store.. Now all are update now.. Phone is smooth as 8.1.. All apps are working great.. No serious problem i found till now...

Just... Few phone getting heat up..
Its eating Battery like hell..
And some time locationicon shows up .. Even when it is close.. And the quick notification bar is too broad..

For new installer i recommend hard reset the phone after installing the new preview.. And then connect your phone to wife of 3g cellular data. Update all the apps..dont touch the phone when apps getting update.. Or you will face lots of crashes.. And hangings etc.. After all apps are update. Use ur phone as you want.. No problem i found till now..

That's right. This build is pretty cool and gives us a hint that Windows 10 Mobile will be great once it'll reach RTM phase. I believe to enjoy the best of this build, folks should update from 8.1. Also, to avoid issues related to language download or Cortana related stuff, the best solution is to download language packs you need when you are on 8.1 and updating to build 10149 will ensure that these settings will remain intact. For offline Map users, just download required maps when you are on 8.1 and it will work great with 10149. Enjoy this build as its worth to try:)

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
That's right. This build is pretty cool and gives us a hint that Windows 10 Mobile will be great once it'll reach RTM phase. I believe to enjoy the best of this build, folks should update from 8.1. Also, to avoid issues related to language download or Cortana related stuff, the best solution is to download language packs you need when you are on 8.1 and updating to build 10149 will ensure that these settings will remain intact. For offline Map users, just download required maps when you are on 8.1 and it will work great with 10149. Enjoy this build as its worth to try:)

Since i am in 10149, is there any workaround for language pack download?
Also for people hub

Chirag_D

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Guys,

I wanted to upgrade my only phone to WP10 TP since long back.
But did not upgrade due to some major issue in previous releases. But from your comments regarding 10149, It looks like I can upgrade to it.

I have following questions.
1. Can I upgrade it to my ONLY phone?
2. Does it have any email related issues? (some where I read gmail related issue)
3. Will I be able to hide navigation bar?
4. Is hard reset necessary after upgrade?
5. What I generally use is basic apps like whatsapp, facebook, instagram, emails (gmail, yahoo, office265), Will these apps work fine after upgrade?

luvkv

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Guys,

But did not upgrade due to some major issue in previous releases. But from your comments regarding 10149, It looks like I can upgrade to it.

2. Does it have any email related issues? (some where I read gmail related issue)
5. What I generally use is basic apps like whatsapp, facebook, instagram, emails (gmail, yahoo, office265), Will these apps work fine after upgrade?

1. Ofcourse.. If you have a charging port near you..😃
2. Google.. Ummmm dont know.. Only use microsoft id.
3. Depends.. My phone was hanging and apps were crashing alot.. So i did a hard rest.. Other user in the form.. Didnt do it..
4. Ya ya.. All the apps are working fine in this build.. No prob bro.. But i think office app is missing un this build..

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Guys,

1. It's subjective but I think if you have WPRT ready then you can for sure go for this build.

2. Not really, I have configured Gmail, Outlook and an Exchange Account so far and everything is working just like it use to work in 8.1

3. Yes, you can [hide the navigation bar + double tap it to lock the screen + choose colors for Nav Bar from wide range of accent color].

4. Not necessarily. Its working well on my phone and I had not performed hard reset before upgrade. So far, everything is running fine. Again, it depends upon phone to phone, so you may have to try hard reset if things become laggy.

5. Yes, all those apps are working fine. No issues at all.

My suggestion - Go for it buddy ;-)

Jaydeep Limaye

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
How about SIM2 Phone and Messaging tiles pinned on start screen in build 10149? I see only flat tiles (no icon) with only tile title at the bottom. Also these tiles do not show missed call or new message count on them.

UPDATE
Discovered a workaround. Just link the tiles for Phone and Messaging and keep them linked on unlink them if you wish.

Last edited:

Adheer Kumar

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I have installed windows 10 technical preview build 10136 in my Nokia Lumia 730
Major problems occurred

1. Main Screen hangs/Freeze a lot of time. Requires restart the device.
2. Internet sharing option does not work sometime. WIFI also open while click on internet sharing.
3. Contact names are not displayed during an incoming call
4. No data toggle in action centre
5. Navigation pane isn't auto hiding and no setting to change colour
6. Watsapp store images/videos in phone memory
7. Back button does not work to go up when at down on start screen
8. Photos app live tile not showing all photos.
9. Some apps tile goes blank automatically no logo appears
10. Force closes the Internet explorer
11. Some app stop working after some time of downloading

These are too many bugs on Lumia 730. Now reinstalled 8.1 via recovery.

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I have installed windows 10 technical preview build 10136 in my Nokia Lumia 730
Major problems occurred

1. Main Screen hangs/Freeze a lot of time. Requires restart the device.
2. Internet sharing option does not work sometime. WIFI also open while click on internet sharing.
3. Contact names are not displayed during an incoming call
4. No data toggle in action centre
5. Navigation pane isn't auto hiding and no setting to change colour
6. Watsapp store images/videos in phone memory
7. Back button does not work to go up when at down on start screen
8. Photos app live tile not showing all photos.
9. Some apps tile goes blank automatically no logo appears
10. Force closes the Internet explorer
11. Some app stop working after some time of downloading

These are too many bugs on Lumia 730. Now reinstalled 8.1 via recovery.

Internet Explorer is not there in this build

Hardik Fefar

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
reinstalling 8.1 deletes all local files ?
i have also updated to technical preview but i am worried about my data so not reverting back.
can you please help ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs