Issues with Windows 10 on Lumia 730

Hardik Fefar

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
i am worried about my local excel files...they are very important.
currently i am unable to open them.
i tried updating to 10149 build so that i can get office apps and open them but its not working.
so i thought of reverting back to 8.1 but i am worried whether will it delete my local excel files if i reinstall 8.1 using recovery tool ?

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
i am worried about my local excel files...they are very important.
currently i am unable to open them.
i tried updating to 10149 build so that i can get office apps and open them but its not working.
so i thought of reverting back to 8.1 but i am worried whether will it delete my local excel files if i reinstall 8.1 using recovery tool ?

Easy advice. If this is your primary phone and u have important docs I the same never attempt TP on it. The new build is definitely faster and improved a lot. But still there are bugs , which affect an individual user based on their own personal preferences.
Don't dive into the risky pool. Be patient

The_m

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
same problem here ... i am unable to update to the new build ..
as my windows insider app keeps on crashing . i am going back to 8.1

abilio batista

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I have a Lumia 735, and I had the same issue than you have.
I believe that it happens because something went wrong during the installation. The first time I installed the last build of W10 I didn't know about that issue, of waiting for like 10 minutes in the lockscreen after installing, so i restart my phone a lot of times untill i search on web :D Due to that, my phone got very stupid so i did it again, I use Recovery Tool and reset my phone and then install W10 again without even touching the device during all process, and now it's everything ok.
Have in attention, that if you have a lot of apps it will take longer and I believe it also damage the SO. The best thing is to reset your phone and install W10 and then install the apps you need.
I hope i helped you. Be noticed that Lumia 730 and Lumia 735 its practical the same thing.

AshD101

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Just installed Build 10149 on my 730....took a while but now works like a charm. Animations look amazing and the OS is quite stable. The "Resuming..." screen appears less frequently. However, please note that before installing the build, disable the unlock PIN (if you have any) as that might cause a problem.
The only known issues I am facing are:

1. Start screen takes a wee bit extra time to load.
2. Wi-fi turn on for no apparent reason, even though I use cellular data
3. Quiet hours toggle button keeps flashing.
4. While using whatsapp (or messaging),if there is an incoming call, the "swipe to pick up" tab gets hidden behind the chat options ribbon of whatsapp, which is annoying.

Other than these, din't face any issue that MS has not made known!
Will update if I find any!

Last edited:

Trq20

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, anyway build 10147 is nice, still i noticed on my 730 that it cant install Apps required 1gb ram, it's like 512mb, it occurred from build 10050, 10084, its normal on build 10052, and again, this build happen again. did you faced the same issue ?

Hardik Fefar

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Easy advice. If this is your primary phone and u have important docs I the same never attempt TP on it. The new build is definitely faster and improved a lot. But still there are bugs , which affect an individual user based on their own personal preferences.
Don't dive into the risky pool. Be patient

yeah i have known that thanks...
but what to do as of now ?
is there a way to open those files ?
or i can backup them and open them at other places or on my computer ?

Nick Zielinski

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Okay that's good enough, gonna switch to xbox music anyway i think.
I'm already upgrading, but it takes a long time to finish itself..

-Edit-
Though it was quite oke,i'm rolling back to 8.1 :)

Last edited:

Trq20

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
so why my lumia 730 detected as 512mb ram device, as I can see from the store, none of 1 gb app requirement appear, like I know fifa 15, also from store beta, is this ever happened to your lumia 730 ? what cause this problem ?

imakhil_kp

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 730 installing configuration update on a loop, don't know how to get rid of that,

As I m typing this will try uninstalling insider app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6