A couple of weird things after updating to Denim

tearfalls

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Icon to Denim the day before yesterday. I have PfD checked on and everything seemed really smooth and nothing went wrong the first after the phone got updated. Tonight, after I changed the system language to try out Cortana in different language, the phone started to freak out. First, the Tiles became extremely large and rearranged themselves. I went to the theme and start-up screen and found there was a "Show More Tiles" option available which is not normal since Icon has a 1920*1080 screen it should always show more tiles. Nevertheless, I checked on Show More Tiles and rearranged my tiles to previous condition thinking everything should be fine now. Of course not the case, the screen started to suddenly show pure white or pure green instead of dimming itself after not touching it for a while. Press the power button will bring the screen back to the lock screen and everything still seemed fine. After then 20 minutes or so, the phone suddenly rebooted and after the Nokia logo, various of different logos showed up. The most common one was an exclamation mark or an exclamation mark plus a gear. After numerous soft resetting and hard resetting, the phone still would not boot up. I finally gave up and flash it with Lumia Recovery Tool. Again, just when I thought things should be fine after flashing the phone, I noticed my screen has a crimson tint which is super annoying and noticable!! It is definitely not there when I updated OTA to Denim the first time. All in all, good job Verizon and Microsoft, for delaying the update for 9 months and killing my phone and then adding a red tint to my previous perfect black screen!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I think that your only solution is to do a factory reset and then used the Insider app to reflash your phone. I would not do the data recovery but do a fresh install of your apps to see if the problems persist.

Let us know what you decided to do and if it worked for you.

tearfalls

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I think that your only solution is to do a factory reset and then used the Insider app to reflash your phone. I would not do the data recovery but do a fresh install of your apps to see if the problems persist.

Let us know what you decided to do and if it worked for you.

I used the Lumia Recovery tool to re-flash the 8.1 + Denim firmware. It's not the Windows 10 I'm talking about so Insider app won't matter. The system runs fine after flashing but the red tint is still there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99