Just got an unknown update

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey 🙋 everyone, my Lumia 925 just got a 75MB update but I forgot to read the details and pressed install instead. Did anyone get such update and if so can you tell me what is it about?

BTW my phone is running latest Windows phone 8.1 update and the dev preview is enabled on it.

Thank you all.

Posted from my epic Lumia 925 using taptalk.

Quick question: Could this update be the partition stitching feature that gabe aul was talking about???

RistoH

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I just got the update as well. Don't know what it was. There were no words about the update. I'm in UK (phone originally bought from Estonia. Phone is unlocked). The update was not Denim, I'm still on Cyan. The Windows verison in my phone is 8.10.14219.341, but google says this version number came out already in Dec.2014. So what we got today is unknown, now.

EDIT: Oh, and the update put the Cortana tile back to the desktop. So maybe it was an update related to Cortana.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I also had an update waiting for me this morning (o2 in the UK)

I assumed in was Denim as that came out yesterday for the 925, but after updating I am still on Cyan

Same version as above 8.10.14219.341, phone is on DP if that makes a difference

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
So apparently all phones that are CV GBIE got this update. The weird thing is as mentioned above there was no update description. What's going on???

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully, I am hoping that this update was for the ' partition stitching' feature which our phones need to get Windows 10 TP

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I also had an update waiting for me this morning (o2 in the UK)

I assumed in was Denim as that came out yesterday for the 925, but after updating I am still on Cyan

Same version as above 8.10.14219.341, phone is on DP if that makes a difference

That's the last DFP version that came out. Wasn't there suppose to be an update for the 1020 and 925 that had to do with the battery which Microsoft has been working on?

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
That's the last DFP version that came out. Wasn't there suppose to be an update for the 1020 and 925 that had to do with the battery which Microsoft has been working on?

It wasn't a battery issue, the problem is that the phones fails to wake up the CPU after idling which causes freezes.

The question is still why there was no text describing the update?

dezzilak

May 14, 2014
Visit site
No freezing as of yet, things are looking good. It also seems faster to me in terms of switching apps, but that might be placebo.

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Is it rested to Glance as I got an update on Monday that has added my Lock Screen Wallpaper as Glance Background, not using Glance Background app (inhaled but no pictures selected)?
Rland

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I had freezing issues a week or two ago. Managed to do a recovery and updated back to where OS was. Got another update after which was the 14219 build. Haven't had any problems since.

Jagadeeshvanum

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I got an update on my Lumia 630 5 days before. It too was about 75 mb according to data sense. But i always got an error that the update was downloaded but couldn't be opened. I tried a six times and the same error. So, i disabled preview for developers and checked for updates and there was no update available.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs