Denim update rolling out for 1020 CV in UK...Possibly

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi All, just got notification on my 1020 CV on EE that an OS update is available. Downloading now and will confirm shortly. I know it doesn't bring anything new to device but still a nice to have.

Edit... Its not Denim, though it stated it was a Lumia Update. My OS ver is now 8.10.14219.341. Maybe prep for win10TP?

Last edited:

T0shi

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I've got an update today in my 1020 (originally O2, but unlocked by O2 using on Vodafone) - now it's Denim. Possibly yours would be as well.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've got an update today in my 1020 (originally O2, but unlocked by O2 using on Vodafone) - now it's Denim. Possibly yours would be as well.

I'm hoping that too. I know O2 have gone full steam with their rollout of Denim so I got my fingers crossed.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Got an update too, on unlocked 1020. 8.10.14219.341 - but still says Cyna but have cortina. Probably complicated it a bit as I am using dev preview insider thingy. Don't know what the update was a bout as the version number appears to be the same.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Update, your phone only says denim while you have opted out of PfD. I just opted on again and now my device has reverted to Lumia Cyan

ks_yeoh

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Just got updated to Denim here in Malaysia. But, the Extra+Info round info button leads me to Cyan page. Lol. Still no Cortana. Sad.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got updated to Denim here in Malaysia. But, the Extra+Info round info button leads me to Cyan page. Lol. Still no Cortana. Sad.
Are you in PfD? If so opt out and then re-check extras&info, it should show Denim in place of Cyan. I had the same when I got update today, once I did the above, my firmware changed to Denim.

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Got the update on Thursday on my 1020 UK CV.

I was running Cyan (no PfD, just normal consumer 8.1) and went to check for updates when I heard it reported on Windows Central, but left my phone locked for around half an hour, and when I opened it up again it said "A critical update" was available for my Lumia. I went along with the install, the same process as what happened with Cyan, but at no point did it tell me this 'critical' update was Denim, nor did it supply a feature list (like I'm sure a relative's 930 did when I helped them update it to Denim).

Took around 20-30 minutes to install, and when my phone came back on, I got a "Welcome to Denim" notification, Live folders + Cortana were enabled, and Extras+Info said Denim. So it definitely rolled out to my UK CV, it just didn't declare itself as Denim before I installed it (although I knew it must be).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99