Lower Benchmark scores after installing Windows 10 TP

Luis Orellana

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
After installing Windows 10 TP I get lower system and memory scores. The system used to be around 625 but now is down to 470, the memory also was in the 600s but is now down to 540. The graphics may be slightly lower as well but only about 5 points. Interestingly the Web score went up quite a bit from around 440 to 594. Is this due to the fact that this OS is still being finished? I would assume the Web went up because of a better browser but why did the processor and memory score suffer? I am using Basemark OS II by the way. :amaze:

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
As u said this is TP and thus is unpolished and unoptimized which would result in higher memory consumption and lower performance.
It should improve again as the updates come by but this is something u should always expect by jumping in to a TP

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
You shouldn't be surprised by this.

To use a metaphor:

You are a pioneer and with that you should expect an arrow or two in the b*tt.

Luis Orellana

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
You know I am more surprised about how well this OS runs on a device with only 512 MB of RAM. It I hadn't run the Benchmark I wouldn't have noticed that much of a difference. Except for a few minor bugs it runs at a decent speed

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unlike Google, Microsoft don't optimise their code for benchmarking; user experience is what they aim for.

Yes, this is a TP and the code isn't as tightly optimised as release code would be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos