930 on the way for AT&T

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all...my gf had her 830 stolen and I put in an order from expansys to replace it with a 930. I wanted to get her something a with a little higher specs. I know she won't get LTE on at&t, is there anything else I should be aware of that might not work properly?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Man, you had me excited that AT&T was now going to offer the 930.

As for functionality, it will work seamlessly, with no issues beyond LTE.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
If you use any of the AT&T apps, they may not work. Also SoftCard requires an AT&T branded phone and a secure SIM from AT&T. If you use Internet Sharing and your plan supports it, you may need to call AT&T to register the IMEI with them or it may not work.
In most areas, you should be okay without LTE aside from the slower speeds. The networks mostly run on separate frequencies. However, in some areas, I believe they use the 1900 band for both LTE and HSPA and you may get a degraded signal with a phone without LTE though most likely it will still work okay.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Just got my 930 yesterday from Amazon. Using it with a Straight Talk AT&T SIM. Gets good H+ so I don't miss LTE. Data and mms work fine. None of the heating or battery issues I read about. It updated to Denim no problems. Screen is beautiful and its fast. Lumia camera after Denim is great. I am hooked on "Hey Cortana". She will love it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2