Anyone installed Windows 10 in lumia 535 ?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you not to install windows 10 mobile on lumia 535 because it have many problems and issues.

This is most probably because build 10581 has known issues with phones that use an SD Card. Either wait for a version that fixes that issue or wait for the official release of Windows 10 Mobile.

pheonixxdark

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
just installed new update 10586 over 10581...lets see how it goes.. found bug fixed like storage selection etc... still i was expecting more features.. least almost like android..

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just installed build 10586 in my sister's Lumia 535. Everything is working as expected, except Cortana which I can't seem to conjure up (I've done the settings thing). Cortana set aside, phone is snappier and more responsive. Some of the settings need to be set again, but that's minor.

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Just installed build 10586 in my sister's Lumia 535. Everything is working as expected, except Cortana which I can't seem to conjure up (I've done the settings thing). Cortana set aside, phone is snappier and more responsive. Some of the settings need to be set again, but that's minor.

Does it have problems regarding updating apps? (0x803f8006)

IgorVysoky

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
You just have to wait until everything settles down, Store app needs update as well. I had few system apps hanging in there with error and then everything settled down.

I have one question though. I only had 535 for a week and I immedietly updated it to W10 so I have no idea what was battery like on WP8.1, however on W10 I find it really bad. Was it the same on 8.1 or is it really W10 that needs FW? Otherwise everything runs well. Love that 4 columns and smaller text feature.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You just have to wait until everything settles down, Store app needs update as well. I had few system apps hanging in there with error and then everything settled down.

I have one question though. I only had 535 for a week and I immedietly updated it to W10 so I have no idea what was battery like on WP8.1, however on W10 I find it really bad. Was it the same on 8.1 or is it really W10 that needs FW? Otherwise everything runs well. Love that 4 columns and smaller text feature.

My sister* tells me that the battery life is a bit worse.

*- I've installed 10586 on her Lumia 535, which I gave her a few months ago.

smitht3

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Had Windows Mobile 10 installed (via Windows Insider i think). Using EE in UK. Everything was OK
Update pinged through last night (8th Dec 15)
Updated it and the handset crashed.
Now stuck back with 8.1...

DracShadow

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
installed latest wp10 on a 535 CV .

Everything was working well until internet data started disappearing and this even on EDGE connection. Everything was already turned off all the way down to only having whatsapp as an active app (our country has a unlimited whatsapp plan for a few cents) and reports to ms set to a minimum.

*The data usage app also does not make ANY sense at all, how do you reset the wifi usage after say a heavy update cycle or a heavy usage day on browsing ???? Please bring back the old Data sense app where it was possible to reset data usage easily. Otherwise I like how the app works and looks just resetting data is a major shlep.

*Call blocker still does not work

*heavy battery drain while using the phone compared to 8.1 could chat for hours on wifi. (I only had whatsapp installed)

this has been reported where possible, but for now rather just stick with 8,1 update and save yourself the hassle.
==========================

the plus on windows 10 535 is :

The insanely fast boot time, we are talking about a few seconds not even 10.
Nice tiles bro.
Menus look great !
OS is almost complete !!!
99% of the stuff works (except data usage doesn't have reset counter for wifi, like wtf ? and call blocker is wonky)

Its not worth it just yet for me, will wait for RTM.

8.1 update it is then :unhappysweat:

gfinolur

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I've installed it a few times, so i try skype and video shows with glitches, also in the integrated app, some apps have wrong screen sizes like spotify, and act very slowly, bbm aswell too. This maybe its an app thing but good to notice. :cry:

Mohammad Ali15

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
my lumia 535 on win 8.1 gives me a whole day of battery time while continues 3g use but after I upgraded to win 10 the battery time went to only 4 hrs and that is without 3g and I had to continuously turn off my wifi and other background apps. Now after reverting to win 8.1 again the battery is back as usual to a day or more

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos