Lumia 930 (buying) experience in USA

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just to update the thread.... I just got a note from Expansys about my order (orange 930 RM1045) being shipped today.... doesn't show up on fedex yet (a little more time, I guess)..... now just hoping the winter storm doesn't play a role in the delivery, and that the unit is solid..... fingers crossed.... thanks y'all on this thread for your inputs.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Got mine...shipped on Monday, said it would be coming today but actually came on Saturday. Came via Fedex then courier swapped to USPS. So far everything seems to be running fine on ATT.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine from expansys. Took almost three weeks.

I have one question, the volume and power button is really flush with the metal frame. They extend 0.5 mm, may be less. So it's a little hard to press them. camera button is like 1 mm. I have the black version. Is this normal?

Power button on mine is nearly flush as well. I put an Incipio DualPro case on it(too slippery for me without a case) and love how much easier it is to use the buttons. I have the white version.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd originally ordered about two months or so ago from Expansys when it was showing at a decent price and that it was in stock and usually shipped in two days. After a week I called and found that it was actually not in stock, despite still showing online as in stock and no update on my order via e-mail. So I cancelled and ordered from B&H. I paid more but got a phone in two days that has been perfect and was updatable to Denim the day I got it back when most were waiting. I like to save money but was annoyed at Expansys squirrelly duplicity (which even extended to the woman I spoke to on the phone). But to their credit, they did cancel the order promptly.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to update the thread.... I just got a note from Expansys about my order (orange 930 RM1045) being shipped today.... doesn't show up on fedex yet (a little more time, I guess)..... now just hoping the winter storm doesn't play a role in the delivery, and that the unit is solid..... fingers crossed.... thanks y'all on this thread for your inputs.

Did you end up getting your L930 and happy with it so far? I received mine and my gf has been using it and so far the only issue were some calendar syncs, other than that fine so far. I was thinking of getting an orange one for me also, but not sure about going through Expansys if it will take a long time. Thanks

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
arrived on Saturday (Fedex said expect on Monday - so arrived 2 days early... yay)... gave me the weekend to play with it...

so far so good.... do notice the heating issue, but nothing to worry about (not scalding hot, but noticeably warm on the south-east corner in portrait mode just on facebook and the likes!!)... and do notice the screen flicker once in a while.... again, nothing off putting.... so fingers crossed. Battery has been decent (a little more than what my 920 would hold) but I have only had this for a few days... apart from the wait, I don't have many complaints against Expansys.... hopefully, that's how it remains :)

By the way, the orange is a glowing (almost neon) orange.... I was hoping for a little diffused bright one.... in daylight, you can see the orange reflection on your hands :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss