WP 8.1 user manual posted on Samsung's site

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
No kidding. Every time NewsBlur shows a new story in the WC thread I jump to look for news of the 8.1 update. Always disappointed. But at least there is still hope.

I check every day for news about Ativ SE. I like this phone so much, that I even consider to buy a second one on Ebay for if this one ever gets broken 😃 but I want to be sure 8.1 is coming and that it is w10 ready...
I think I'm the only one in Netherlands who owns an Ativ SE 😆

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
so for fun i decided to ask Verizon with a chat and it went better than i anticipated as you generally just get a run around. here is the conversion:

Me: i purchased a Samsung ATIV SE Windows phone expecting it would be running the software version 8.1 and it is still running an outdated Windows 8 not 8.1
Me: the Samsung website has the Verizon guide for 8.1 you can see here
(posted link to PDF for her)
Me: how do i get this updated ?
Megan: Hi! I can definitely help out with the software to ensure we get it updated!
Megan: I am getting your account pulled up now and we'll go from there!
Me: OK and i have checked for an update and it says i am up to date but ALL the other modern Windows phones on the other carriers have been on 8.1 for some time
Megan: I am doing some research on my end to verify the latest release they have approved on our end. The info is not very clear so I think you for your patience!
Me: ok thanks
Megan: I can clearly see that the update was released by Microsoft some time ago and there are a number of posts here internally inquiring about when it will be approved and released but as of yet no official date for when it will be pushed out on the Verizon model.
Megan: I have looked just about everywhere on this end and I wish that I had more data for you on when or why it's delayed but nothing aside from it still being tested has been posted by the update team
Me: so it is coming then because if it wasnt i would look to return it
Megan: The Nokia Windows phone were done recently here in December so I would assume the ATIV devices will be next for the Windows updates. Yes, it will definitely be updated, it's just a matter of when
Me: ok thanks for your time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb