Why am I unable to download Whatsapp video clips?

Raushan Kumar3

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Whats app video clip downloading problem

I am having Lumia 730, whenever anyone sending the video clip or images untill I open the whats app its never been downloaded. one other major problem is that whenever I open the whats app clip start downloading but if in between I choose anther task to do then downloads paused at that moment, again I have to open whats app, issue not ended here also Suppose Mr X has sen me a clip and I want to see the I have to open Mr X clip and it will start downloading meanwhile if Mr Y has send me some text and I am reading that then Mr X clip will stop downloading, some time from beginning of clip not the paused resuming
fed-up with this issue, thinking of throwing the phone in dust bin. Any one having any Idea to resolve it before I go for dumping.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Whats app video clip downloading problem

Do you allow WhatsApp to run in the background, this is a setting the battery saver app.

In WhatsApp
Open WhatsApp
Push the 3 dots ...
Go to settings
In settings go to "chat settings"
In chat settings go to "media auto-download"
What are your settings for "images", "video", "audio"
If they are "never" please change it.

Please let use know if this helped.

Raushan Kumar3

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Whats app video clip downloading problem

Hello Harrie-S,

I have already done that setting but issue is still there, if you are having lumia 730 try to follow the step and you will come to know the problem still there, even after providing the setup step guided by you.

Step 1: Tell your contacts to send some video clip through whatsapp.
Step 2: Once you received the clip try to download,
Step 3: Once download started get back to home by touching the windows symbol, or try to do some other task, even after a day also if you go back to the whats app chat you will see that its resumed, means its not downloading in background like Android system .
Kindly help.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre