From lumia 820 to lumia 535

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
First and foremost the screen will be a huge downgrade. Same goes for build quality.
Then the rear camera too if u do use it as ur photography device.
Processing and GPU will also see a downgrade but probably not as obvious as the three above.
The only thing 535 can offer better is the FFC and may be the battery life.

James Light

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
First and foremost the screen will be a huge downgrade. Same goes for build quality.
Then the rear camera too if u do use it as ur photography device.
Processing and GPU will also see a downgrade but probably not as obvious as the three above.
The only thing 535 can offer better is the FFC and may be the battery life.

Will agree for the camera but screen i think is better in size, screen resolution and ppi and this is the main reason that i will change my 820. And you think dual core on 820 is better than quad core on 535?

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Will agree for the camera but screen i think is better in size, screen resolution and ppi and this is the main reason that i will change my 820. And you think dual core on 820 is better than quad core on 535?

You are having the wrong idea in both cases then.
Lumia 535 got 540p(qHD) 5" IPS LCD which boils down to 220 ppi. It does not have any enhancements like CBD and is extremely poor in sunlight.
820 has 480p 4.3" Amoled display and has 217 PPI which is virtually identical to 535 since this AMOLED is not of the pentile variety.
Coming to processor. Its not about the amount of cores its about quality of the architecture they are based on.
Lumia 820 has 1.5 ghz Dual Core Krait which are based Cortex A9 architecture and a adreno 225 GPU.
The 535 is a cortex a7 stock core based 1.2 GHz quad core.
Each cortex A9 core delivers up to 50% more performance than a similarly clocked cortex a7 and adreno 225 is faster than even the 305 and thus is obviously a lot faster than 302 found in 535.
Higher amount of cores can surely help in multitasking but in the app opening and the general performance will always be better on higher architecture.

James Light

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
You are having the wrong idea in both cases then.
Lumia 535 got 540p(qHD) 5" IPS LCD which boils down to 220 ppi. It does not have any enhancements like CBD and is extremely poor in sunlight.
820 has 480p 4.3" Amoled display and has 217 PPI which is virtually identical to 535 since this AMOLED is not of the pentile variety.
Coming to processor. Its not about the amount of cores its about quality of the architecture they are based on.
Lumia 820 has 1.5 ghz Dual Core Krait which are based Cortex A9 architecture and a adreno 225 GPU.
The 535 is a cortex a7 stock core based 1.2 GHz quad core.
Each cortex A9 core delivers up to 50% more performance than a similarly clocked cortex a7 and adreno 225 is faster than even the 305 and thus is obviously a lot faster than 302 found in 535.
Higher amount of cores can surely help in multitasking but in the app opening and the general performance will always be better on higher architecture.

Ok my friend thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb