Lumia 930 Aluminum frame bent.

Ahmed Hussien PH

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,
There's been an accident to my Lumia 930.
The aluminum frame bent slightly at the power button towards the back and slightly detached from the display.
Is there anyway I could change the aluminum part or even fix it, I don't know what to do.
Thanks.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You might want to buy one off Ebay or something with a shattered screen and bad IMEI, and swap over the parts you need. Even if your phone is under warranty, it doesn't cover physical damage.

*edit*

Not sure where you live, you might not have access to Ebay. Regardless, I would find another phone to use as parts, or disassemble your phone and try to straighten it.(not for the faint of heart)

Ahmed Hussien PH

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks very much for the reply, I live in Egypt but I have friends in Europe and US so it won't be a problem,
I just wanted to make sure that it's possible to reattach the display to the aluminum frame and that I can replace only the frame or fix it and don't have to buy a new screen.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I think the metal band is fixed to the display unit, and can't be separated. Even if it can be, it's still sold as a single unit with the display. All in all, it's a costly replacement.

Ahmed Hussien PH

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Thank you guys for all your contribution, I disassembled the phone and gently pushed back the aluminum frame to its original site, it slowly went 95% as it was and it's hard to notice anything at all.. Once went back, it glued to the screen by itself..
The phone is functioning 100% normal and nothing wrong with the display at all.
It's truly a great phone and I love it.
Nokia pays too much attention to the materials, I think no other phone could've survived such an accident (Any other phone would've broken into pieces If a 130 Kgm friend fell on it. :D )
Again thank you guys very much, You're the best :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire