New firmware version

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The update is still not available over the air (if I check the updates in settings, it will say it's up to date); I won't flash my 535 just to get the new firmware and OS, I'll wait.

I've read that it seems to turn the 535 into a "normal device", you won't notice it's touchscreen issues BUT if you run a hardware test or multitouchtest (this kind of apps), you'll see that there's an issue for more than 3 simultaneous touched spots.

I wonder why the update is only on the nokia care servers, but not available over the air.
update is available on nokia care server ? if i get on nokia care are you sure it will be resolved ?

abahwiranta

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
How about GPS issue? Mine take very long time to locking my location, sometimes it just not working at all.

Is this problem gone with new firmware update?

eja_s

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Are you all using a dual-sim Lumia 535?
I have a single sim Lumia 535 but when I check with the Lumia Recovery Tool or Window Phone Recovery Tool it shows the following:
lumia 535 info.png

I have a single sim Lumia 535:RM-1089_1025 / CV : NL with Firmware version 02054.00000.14485.37002
There is an update but i shows Firmware version 02060.00000.15053.24002 which is pretty close to Firmware version 02055.00000.14511.22002 for dual-sim 535. Any thoughts on this .....?

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
so i have updated , touch is very much improved but so far i have found still one problem after 15 min usage.
when the area above navigational keys are tapped , it taps the navigational keys
Will write more issues when found.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
eja_s said:
Are you all using a dual-sim Lumia 535?
I have a single sim Lumia 535 but when I check with the Lumia Recovery Tool or Window Phone Recovery Tool it shows the following:

I have a single sim Lumia 535:RM-1089_1025 / CV : NL with Firmware version 02054.00000.14485.37002
There is an update but i shows Firmware version 02060.00000.15053.24002 which is pretty close to Firmware version 02055.00000.14511.22002 for dual-sim 535. Any thoughts on this .....?

Yes mine is Dual SIM

hyui

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mr. Khan, please install your desired "speech recognition packages", too. I read a report of user who was satisfied after flashing the new firmware, that the issues where mostly addressed, but after installing the speech packages the device fell back to the old touchscreen behavior. sounds wired, doesn't it?
After a hard reset everything was fine, again - installing the speech packages "bricked" that thing one more time.

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
got the phone right out of the box with scrolling problems(lag or misplaced taps) and othe isues like that + with flickering auto brightness. then plugged the phone to the pc, started Lumia Recovery Software and this new firmware was prompetd. after update, the phone is so much more smooth! even the screen magnifier turned on wasnt a problem but i turned it off just in case. (+ maybe it will improve the touch too)

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Mr. Khan, please install your desired "speech recognition packages", too. I read a report of user who was satisfied after flashing the new firmware, that the issues where mostly addressed, but after installing the speech packages the device fell back to the old touchscreen behavior. sounds wired, doesn't it?
After a hard reset everything was fine, again - installing the speech packages "bricked" that thing one more time.

cortana required speech packages to be installed in order to run.
How to solve that issue then

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
got the phone right out of the box with scrolling problems(lag or misplaced taps) and othe isues like that + with flickering auto brightness. then plugged the phone to the pc, started Lumia Recovery Software and this new firmware was prompetd. after update, the phone is so much more smooth! even the screen magnifier turned on wasnt a problem but i turned it off just in case. (+ maybe it will improve the touch too)

yes its smooth but still it cant be compared with lumia 520 or any other best lumia touch screens

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
yes its smooth but still it cant be compared with lumia 520 or any other best lumia touch screens

"cant be compared" is a bit too much, imho. it can be compared but it will loose. also, i think the display quality is a good factor too. 535 compared to my old 620 feels a bit too much to plastic if you make a simultaneous comparision(maybe l535's lacks of clearblack glass have a word on this). but i think this will get away after i get used to it

Last edited:

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, my 535's screen remained blank this morning. Everything works (charging audio notifications, receives call, etc.) BUT the screen will stay blank. Dropped the 535 in a Nokia Care, will have it back in a week or so. I'll see if it returns flashed with this new firmware and/or if the screen has been replaced.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, my 535's screen remained blank this morning. Everything works (charging audio notifications, receives call, etc.) BUT the screen will stay blank. Dropped the 535 in a Nokia Care, will have it back in a week or so. I'll see if it returns flashed with this new firmware and/or if the screen has been replaced.
Kindly let us know when you receive the mobile that touch is working fine like 520...

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site

lol. i had the same problem on my 535 and send it for replacement. they found that there was a problem with SoC. and ofc they granted me the replacement not the repair. I heard of this issue about other lumias too. but i can see that 535 has it A LOT MORE OFTEN....whats wrong with this device? :/

Last edited:

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
In my country (France), we have the chance to have Nokia Care shops, so I dropped it there. They didn't propose a replacement but instead, it went to repair (where my N8 had gone to have its motherboard replaced, my brother's E7 to h ave the USB plug replaced, etc.)

@Shan Ali Khan: I'll report :
a) the OS/FW when my device is back
b) how it reacts (it was really 90% of the time OK, I hope I don't get a lousy one)
c) what was changed in the device according to the repair report.

alexander0311

May 28, 2014
Visit site
after installing this latest firmware through LSRT about yesterday, i noticed BIG improvements. the only problems which are not 100% fixed are this:
-automatic brightness still decrese/increase in "frames" instead of smoothly. is improved compared to old firmaware but still not perfect, especially when it should increase.
-there are still some blind spots on the display which require the user to tap again to work. most frequent for me are low right corner(aka "..." menu) and a spot in the middle left(sometimes middle right too) very close to the display frame. but apart from these, blind spots seem very improved and reduced
-display is still too sensitive to sweaty fingers. lucky enough i just applied a cheap film screen protector which came with my nillkin ultra thin frosted case and now i no longer have problems with "regular" sweaty fingers(havent tryed yet with "wet" though)
-fast typing gives me no missed letters or wrong ones but not sure if this wasnt already fixed with previous update for touch problems
-i havent tested serious multitouch before nor now after the latest firmware but if ill encounter problems ill update here

if there will be a third update like this 2, improving further: blind spots, ghost taps | touch precision, double tap to wake, auto brightness and sweaty fingers...there might be a chance for this phone to be in line with others

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro