I Can't get Nokia Lumia 930 Internet Sharing to Work on Cricket. Any suggestions?

TheOnlyFoo

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, long time reader...first time forum post here. I am having a problem, I am hoping somewhere out there can help me out. I purchased an unlocked non-carrier Lumia 930 and am using it on the new Cricket network (runs on AT&T). I have read many places and seen first hand several non- AT&T or non-carrier phones used on Cricket and successfully get internet sharing to turn on and work (for example, Unlocked Moto G, Lumia 920, 1020 and even a Verizon unlocked HTC One M8 Windows all have been able to get internet sharing to work on Cricket). I know that Cricket does not OFFICIALLY support mobile hotspot/internet sharing, but I know that they do not do anything to prevent it from working on a phone that has that option available since I have got it to work with other windows phones with my same sim card.

First, the 930 did not have internet sharing as an option under settings but after manually installing access point the option did show up (I can not access access point when opening it up it says it is only available on older versions of Windows Phone). I have tried many different internet APN and MMS APN settings for both Cricket and AT&T, and mobile data works fine with all of them up to HSPA+ speeds...but every time I turn internet sharing on it takes about 5 seconds to load and then says "Connection not shared. Internet sharing isn't currently available.

One of the reasons I purchased this phone was to be able to use the internet sharing option on Cricket, because most Cricket and AT&T branded Lumia phones have internet sharing locked out. If anyone has suggestions or has successfully got a 930 internet sharing to work on Cricket or even AT&T I would really appreciate it, even if you have got a similar phone like a 920 unlocked variant to do internet sharing on Cricket...anything would be useful at this point I do not know what to do.

Thanks for your help!

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I had an International, unlocked, 930 for about 10 days before I sent it back.
I'm on AT&T. MMS and Internet sharing worked just fine. I didn't have to do anything for it other than turn Internet Sharing on.

Fred

TheOnlyFoo

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I don't see any reason why mine wouldn't work the same then. It is brand new so I don't think it is defective or anything. I am lost as to what to do.

mmulisha84

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hijack your thread but Im really looking into the 930 as well. Can you confirm that the 930 does work on Cricket and mms and text works? I have talked to cricket already and they say they cant say for sure mms and text will work... I love the specs on the 930 just dont want to pay for it only to find out I cant text.

Thanks

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Internet Sharing is currently not supported on Cricket after the Denim firmware due to being dependent on carrier profile functionality. I am currently using a 830 on Cricket and while my unlocked 920 can get around Internet Sharing (foreign SIM trick) my 830 doesn't show the option once the Cricket SIM is inserted

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
@mmulisha84 - I am using the 930 on cricket... and I have received pictures over text without needing to do anything other than popping the SIM into the phone and activating it....

@pankaj981 - I was also not seeing the internet sharing option on my 930. I installed Access point and rebooted. Even though access point says that this version of the OS is not supported, I got back the internet sharing option. Unfortunately, that doesn't amount to much since internet sharing does not get successfully enabled though. I get an error when I try to enable it on Cricket (without paying for tethering access).

hydrosmith

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
When I activated a 1520 on Cricket internet sharing disappeared and when denim came out internet sharing re-appeared and it works. Seems odd to what other people are reporting. I have successfully connected my yoga tab 2-8in out and about and had it just work. Go figure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans