Replacement Battery for Lumia 830

Pastorhss

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got a Lumia 830 and am looking for a spare battery to have on hand. I've searched the internet, and even this site, and cannot find one. Can anyone lead the way, please? Thanks.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Just got a Lumia 830 and am looking for a spare battery to have on hand. I've searched the internet, and even this site, and cannot find one. Can anyone lead the way, please? Thanks.

Google or Bing "Nokia BV-L4A" then you will find some.
But i would recommend a powerpack (external battery).

Last edited:

Pastorhss

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess the advantage is that with the investment, you may be able to charge the phone more than once, and may also use it to charge other devices/ (Tablet???) One last question. Do you recommend any specific?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep. But if you want to charge tablets you need a large capacity battery and the proper cable.
Indeed you can charge your mobiles several times (depending on the capacity) and you can charge the battery pack with your phone charger. And if you carry a spare 830 battery you have to make sure that you do not "short" it because the contact areas are exposed.
Furthermore you do not need to remove the back cover all the time. (if you do that often the back over can be worn out).
I use the nokia dc 19 but the next will be the dc 21.
But it is up to you, but buy a "known" brand and google some reviews before you buy one.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
this is what I bought some time ago and is has helped me out on longer trips a couple times.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EA1P8OI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=wpcentral00-20&m1k=vb_wp

really depends whether you want something small or something that gives you more than one charge (e.g. this one gives you three full charges, I sometimes use it for my surface Pro)

The ones you list have excellent reviews with a high number backed up. Can't go wrong. Just need to decide if you want something you can slide into your pocket or something with more capacity.
The MS one looks slick. Only two reviews here:
Buy Microsoft Portable Power DC-21 - Microsoft Store

​cheers

Pastorhss

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all you guys. I'm pretty sure I can make a solid decision now. I want the most capacity, at a "manageable" size.

Blessings to all.

Pastorhss

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey, Harrie: I've been back and forth between a number of good ones. Really liked the following, but saw a review that said it could only be charged out of the box via a PC. Can I presume that they all can be charged via an AC USB charger?

Amazon.com: RAVPower 3rd Gen Deluxe 15000mAh External Battery Portable Dual USB Charger 4.5A Output Power Bank. iSmart(tm) Broad Compatibility, Fast Charging, High Capacity, Ultra Compact. For iPhone 6 6 plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air mini (Apple 30pin an

Yes they can.
I do not think that any of these battery packs come with there own charger.
If you have an android or windows phone then this is no problem because you can use your phone charger.
But if you only have an iPhone you probably can not charger the battery pack unless you have a proper cable.
And i guess you also can not charge it with a tablet/other "thing" charger.
So in above cases you "only"" can charge it with a PC.

But you can use the USB port of your PC (USB 3 goes faster the USB 2) or your phone charger.
And if you have a pc/laptop with USB 3 "charger port" you can even switch of your pc during the charging.
And a phone charger with 1.5 A output chargers faster then a .075 A output. Guess your 830 charger is 1.5.

Pastorhss

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Harrie. Both my Lumia 830 and my iPad have USB chargers. So I can charge the battery pack with either my PC 3.0 port or the wall outlet. Correct?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa